Are Minelab repair costs standard? - INSANE Canadian cost

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apples and Oranges here.. Cisco routers come with a life time free replacement guarantee. No crazy repair cost, no per hour charge to even look at 100% FREE!

Jeff your wrong, the VOIP voice and data cisco routers we install do not come with lifetime warranties. The majority come with a 1 year warranty. ...

Min $150 dollar fee when sent in for repair even if they come back with no trouble found. Fee goes up depending on what is wrong....

Look up Cisco 2400, 2800, 3800, 1900, 2900, 3900 series routers...

" Warranty Information

The Cisco 1900 Series Integrated Services Routers have a 1-year limited liability warranty."...

Cisco One-Year Limited Hardware Warranty Terms

There are special terms applicable to your hardware warranty and various services that you can use during the warranty period. Your formal Warranty Statement, including the warranties and license agreements applicable to Cisco software, is available on Cisco.com at the following URL:*www.cisco.com/go/warranty.

You can also contact the Cisco service and support website for assistance:*http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a se pro i was going buy another one for a back up to. not now :BangHead:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a se pro i was going buy another one for a back up to. not now :BangHead:

Just a few days ago I was a happy digger... thinking I'd have two again, and finding out Minelab would repair them until 2020. But if anything serious goes and the cost is this crazy, who cares how long they'll repair them. The only thing worst than how it is now, will be after my three year warranty is up and I have to spend that many hundreds just to get a detector that's several years old working again. Even though my SE is over four years old 2 of those years I didn't hardly hunt at all, and when you consider my seasons are pretty short here, in a way this detector still seemed fairly new to me. And now it's looking like it's junk.

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey iron patch
i read on the forums where se pro and e tracs hardly ever tear up, dont know if it is true or not .i have also been told that when they do tear up that it will be in the battery department or some sorter has came loose inside,i say take that sucker apart and check all the sorter inside and take some pics what the inside looks like cause i would really like to know and send them to me lol! i will keep mine but when it does tear up i will take that thing apart and see whats wrong with it and if it cant be fixed then ill just have a metal detector in pieces.i hope you the best of luck with your metal detector.

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep like to know out come on the se pro if it was the coil or not

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep like to know out come on the se pro if it was the coil or not

Me too, but looking at about 6 more weeks before we can get out and test them. Both my SE and friend's Ex II definitely have a problem, but at this point I have no idea if it's both coils, both boards, or one of each. Obviously it being both coils would be the most common problem and is what I'm hoping for. I'd be pretty happy to just have to buy a coil to have two explorers again.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too, but looking at about 6 more weeks before we can get out and test them. Both my SE and friend's Ex II definitely have a problem, but at this point I have no idea if it's both coils, both boards, or one of each. Obviously it being both coils would be the most common problem and is what I'm hoping for. I'd be pretty happy to just have to buy a coil to have two explorers again.

IP, did you ever contact Dave in the Minelab repair center at Kellyco about your problem?

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP, did you ever contact Dave in the Minelab repair center at Kellyco about your problem?

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

As I said on the other thread, and alluded to above, I have to wait until Spring to double check everything and be 100% what's wrong. Only a short time ago did it hit me the day I had the problem I tested my detector with what was possibly a bad coil. Without question our two detectors have something wrong, but we won't know what until we can get going, and having a new SE should make it easy to sort out. Once I know I'll do what I'm going to do that week, and if it's the detector... either make contact and see about a repair, or sell it for parts, or throw it in the river! :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said on the other thread, and alluded to above, I have to wait until Spring to double check everything and be 100% what's wrong. Only a short time ago did it hit me the day I had the problem I tested my detector with what was possibly a bad coil. Without question our two detectors have something wrong, but we won't know what until we can get going, and having a new SE should make it easy to sort out. Once I know I'll do what I'm going to do that week, and if it's the detector... either make contact and see about a repair, or sell it for parts, or throw it in the river! :)

Sorry I missed those posts...

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I missed those posts...

Not a big deal. I would love to sort it out now, and probably could if there was some bare ground to test.... but that's definitely not the case. I'm just hoping for bare ground come April.

beau-bc

Mar 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT&Deus for relics &coins
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent my detector to M S R in England and Steve repaired my minelab,that Minelab refused to repair.Steve repaired it in a couple of days sent on its way back to me before he told me the cost.Haven't had service like that from anyone before or since,if any of my "obsolete minelabs stop working ,M S R will be getting it to repair. metaldetectorrepair.com , he might be able to help you out.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I will say that after checking out that MSR that is the way to go for Minelab's repair …. They can repair most older Minelab's that no one else can...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say that after checking out that MSR that is the way to go for Minelab's repair …. They can repair most older Minelab's that no one else can...

Before I would send it to England I would check with Kellyco ML Repair center first, they do repairs ML in Chicago want do...

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

These are the kind of stories that make me hesitant to purchase an expensive Minelab product (I'm looking at an E-trac or CTx-3030). It appears while under warranty, all is well with service, but after not so good! I too have an issue with my LCD screen on my Explorer SE. The display shifts mid screen (think of a page of text and rip in half, now shift one side 1/2" up or down - misaligned.) I do not believe it is the LCD, but probably the LCD Driver; about $125 to repair (very reasonable). If its the main board the cost is about $850 (completed), clearly not a good value. It appears that Minelab does not want to repair older machines, but rather for you to upgrade to a new machine. Why can White's fix any of their metal detectors, even very old, for a very reasonable price?

Regards,

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

These are the kind of stories that make me hesitant to purchase an expensive Minelab product (I'm looking at an E-trac or CTx-3030). It appears while under warranty, all is well with service, but after not so good! I too have an issue with my LCD screen on my Explorer SE. The display shifts mid screen (think of a page of text and rip in half, now shift one side 1/2" up or down - misaligned.) I do not believe it is the LCD, but probably the LCD Driver; about $125 to repair (very reasonable). If its the main board the cost is about $850 (completed), clearly not a good value. It appears that Minelab does not want to repair older machines, but rather for you to upgrade to a new machine. Why can White's fix any of their metal detectors, even very old, for a very reasonable price?

Regards,

Minelab Repair center at Kellyco will fix any Minelab that has parts available.....

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread