Threaded before?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They work frigin awesome I was using a deus xp so was used to a very fast swing I got my buddies set of the tdk's put em on the xterra very comfortable,no lag & I swung quick I slowed Down they are worth getting really

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Thanks Longhair, that is the exact thread I read before,....should have just googled it lol....Christo000 sorry the Xterra is not your cup of jo.....I love this machine I really think if you would have got one of the 10.5 dd coils you would feel different or would have clicked with the machine....then again we all have machines that either work or do not work for each of us .....I first swung mine with the 10.5 7.5 kHz and loved it then threw the 9"concentric 7.5 kHz on .....and I love love love concentric coils for certain things...but with this one I felt so limited and restricted....it seriously was like using two detectors for me....one that was awesome and one that was a toy $50.00 detector....not knocking the coil...it just was not for me or maybe it was using the dd first ....definately not the site I was at or ground because I have used three different machines here before and a slew of coils....just did not click with the 9" this time....just ordered the 15" Coiltek 3kHz today....will let you know how it does when I get it ...oh yeah when the ground thaws ....it has been between 1 and 19 here the past two days after snow......blahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going to like that 15" LF DD. I've had either that coil or a 6" LF DD on my 705 at least 90% of the time over the last 15 months.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh ya know I honestly here that a lot that the 9" concentric kinda ruins it for many people, I honestly like the build quality,how it performed,definetly gives you enough options that makes it quite capable in a lot of areas, mayb if I found a used dd coil I'd throw the mola down give it another go I mean it is brand frigin new. Mayb it was my problem from the start I never liked concentric coils really any of them had all dd on my Atpro,all dd on my deus xp,all dd on my v3i & sef styles screw it I'm on the hunt now for a used dd

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, in the U.K. the stock coil IS the 10.5" MF DD. Everyone else gets the 9" for a stocker.
That, along with the re-sale value of the coil for those that don't care for it, is exactly why I recommend most folks buy the Gold Pack for the same $ as the standard.

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
I know I will love the 15"...Chris try getting in touch with Richard at backwoods detectors....the price he gave me on the Coiltek 15" was unbelievable...paid for it Friday and I will not get the tracking until Monday but his correspondance was excellent...he quoted me prices on other coils for the Xterra and if all goes well with this sale he won my loyalty as my new dealer....email him and ask for his best price on the 10.5 dd in whatever kHz you prefer and he will get back to you quick and will probably be free shipping....I have the at pro too and its a great machine but was ready to try a Minelab and I am telling you only using it a little bit so far this is a bad ass machine!Try the 10.5dd you will have a whole new outlook on the 705...I used the concentric for maybe 20 mins and it frustrated the hell out of me.

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
It really is like day and night between using the two different coils.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe, huh that very well could be why cuz I do like it I just don't like how it performs with that coil from what its sounding like, Richard is a good guy a while back he is the one I got my v3i from shipped it right out I had it very fast. I'm just not sure at the moment if I can grab a new one I might have to keep an eye out for a used one I'd take any frequency ideal would be in 7.5khz but in used can't be picky

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Ask him a price you may be surprised and bite the bullet and go new with him...heck he gave a me a great price and ot was my first transaction with him....let him know you are a returnig customer...maybe he will take your concentric in on trade towards the dd

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask him a price you may be surprised and bite the bullet and go new with him...heck he gave a me a great price and ot was my first transaction with him....let him know you are a returnig customer...maybe he will take your concentric in on trade towards the dd

Ya screw it a phone call can't hurt right, like I said before for all I know if I got rid of the 705 could've been a huge mistake I don't know lol

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Everyone is different ...maybe its not for you but after I tried the concentric and saw how much of a difference it made I thought of you and am thinking once you try a dd maybe it will be the machine for you

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True true, I just left richard an email so we'll see what happens mayb it it will become an all time favorite I don't know

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Good luck...not trying to change your mind just saw how much of a differance the two were for me.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No no believe me I'd rather keep it I mean I have it,its brand new,its built good,great reviews, verse me losing more money by goin backwards on a machine or goin used for a higher grade machine spending more gettin no warranty it weighs out to it makes more sense to keep what I got really

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what to honestly do about it, I mean I'm still checking craigslist,& other sites looking for them 2, 1/2 weeks ago I called the police to ask them.they said they were goin threw entrance cameras cuz where my truck was there was no usable footage. I haven't heard back,not happy on that at all

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Sorry to hear that...guess unless it turns up in a pawn shop or something there is not much anyone can do....that really sucks

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that...guess unless it turns up in a pawn shop or something there is not much anyone can do....that really sucks

Ohhh ya,it does, mean while I think I'm gonna take ur advice & look for a used 10dd or if I raise enough money ill go new. I mean I got a bit into this xterra I know it cam do quite well kinda silly to sell it when who knows could just be the coil is to why I'm not clicking with it. Since funds are low I do trade & barter quite a bit ill put a ad up in the market place of some various items & see what happens can't hurt right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions