jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a W.O.T. on my Sovereign, Almost always.
no doubt at all It increased my jewelry finds.
was sensitive enough even to pick up small earrings.
it also increased my depth & ground coverage.

amazing coil.

it does add a noticeable weight, & not sure about it's comfort in the Surf.

But I hear it's amazing on the beaches too,
which added to the fact the excaliburs / Soveregns are unequaled on the beach already...

Why don't yoU already have one ? :tongue3:

in other words yes ! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I used a W.O.T. on my Sovereign, Almost always. no doubt at all It increased my jewelry finds. was sensitive enough even to pick up small earrings. it also increased my depth & ground coverage. amazing coil. it does add a noticeable weight, & not sure about it's comfort in the Surf. But I hear it's amazing on the beaches too, which added to the fact the excaliburs / Soveregns are unequaled on the beach already... Why don't yoU already have one ? :tongue3: in other words yes ! :laughing7:

Thanks for the info Jeff!
I was trying to stay with the stock 10" and now thinking about it but money causes delays as we all know.
Trying to get as much intel on it as possible before making a decision.
Thanks for responding!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:
I got fairly lucky on mine, Got it at an introductory price of I believe $100 when they first came out.

I know the price now has probably tripled or more.

My decision was made on most of my sites being large, open heavily hunted spots
where every extra inch of coverage mattered.

of course at first trashy sites were a nightmare with it.
& I almost gave up on it.
after awhile I even learned how to use it in those places.

But again if you have large areas to cover, Hopefully you can eventually make the investment

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for a good WOT used. I have 2 excals, 1 has a WOT the other has a SEF BUTTERFLY 12x15" coil..... They are both great choices for the Excal and Sovereign GT....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a good looking Wild Orange Thing on Fleabay that's very clean. If it doesn't go through the roof ! (no buy it now) But don't look LIR you need to buy my old 10" BBS! Lol

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:thumbsup: I got fairly lucky on mine, Got it at an introductory price of I believe $100 when they first came out. I know the price now has probably tripled or more. My decision was made on most of my sites being large, open heavily hunted spots where every extra inch of coverage mattered. of course at first trashy sites were a nightmare with it. & I almost gave up on it. after awhile I even learned how to use it in those places. But again if you have large areas to cover, Hopefully you can eventually make the investment

It certainly is sounding more and tempting!
I do like the idea of putting a cherry on top of a already great machine. I'm just trying to be sure that I won't have to deal with any falsing or ground balance type issues as I am always beach hunting the surf and wet sand.
99 percent sure I'm going for it.
Thanks again

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Look for a good WOT used. I have 2 excals, 1 has a WOT the other has a SEF BUTTERFLY 12x15" coil..... They are both great choices for the Excal and Sovereign GT.... American by birth, Patriot by choice. I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Thank you for your feedback T.H.!
Just curious though have you used it for beach hunting and surf with good results?
Thank you

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I use it in the surf and on the beach and love it. I have 1 hardwired on my excal and have one to use on my Sovereign GT too...

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I use it in the surf and on the beach and love it. I have 1 hardwired on my excal and have one to use on my Sovereign GT too... American by birth, Patriot by choice. I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Sorry for all the questions.
How does the wiring match up for a hard wire ?
Same color codes, amour of wires ect?
Thanks I'm so taking notes and Jamaican me oppy!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I use mine only during the winter, and that's about it. Really has to do with where you hunt and your needs. I took mine off and setting up the machine with a little smaller, 13 Ultimate. But I am hoping by spring I will have a endcap that we can change out the coils...so one machine does not get tied down to a few hunt sites or conditions.

OBN0101 (2).jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two Excals myself. One with the WOT/stock changeable connection and one stock hardwired. Both have their place in hunting the beach. The WOT is great for coverage and deep targets. The stock coil is better for trashy areas and in the surf. The WOT is tougher to swing under water. Coiltek makes a kit that comes with a external water proof connector so you can swap coils if you wish. I understand it's not fool proof but if you wrap the connection with rescue tape, it seems to work fine......so far.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two Excals myself. One with the WOT/stock changeable connection and one stock hardwired. Both have their place in hunting the beach. The WOT is great for coverage and deep targets. The stock coil is better for trashy areas and in the surf. The WOT is tougher to swing under water. Coiltek makes a kit that comes with a external water proof connector so you can swap coils if you wish. I understand it's not fool proof but if you wrap the connection with rescue tape, it seems to work fine......so far.

I hunt with nothing smaller in the water than 15". I learned to let the current do most of the work....

Problem with inline splice including the quick connects is the resistance the splice adds to the cable, although. I hunted several years using one...

Like OBN suggested if I understand correctly if you can come up with an end cap that is a quick connect that would be nice...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with nothing smaller in the water than 15".

yes I was going to warn of that also :laughing7:

If you get used to the 15" the stock coil is going to feel like a 3"
when you first swap back.
not only in weight, but in ground coverage.

they do spoil you

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I was going to warn of that also :laughing7:

If you get used to the 15" the stock coil is going to feel like a 3"
when you first swap back.
not only in weight, but in ground coverage.

they do spoil you

That is the truth, I tried to hunt with the 10 inch one day and it drove me nuts, felt like I was hunting the beach with a coffee saucer, after 90 mins I switched back to wot and I haver never hunted a beach again with anything smaller than the SEF 12x15 butterfly coil.

If I'm not hunting in the water I use my Sov GT and my SEF 15x18" Butterfly coil.....

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the info guys,you guys are awesome!
That's why I love this site I can let other people make up my mind!
Lol!

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Friends :) ,
I'm planning to buy WOT for my Minelab SE in near future.
But can't define what is the difference between old style WOT 15" coils (with current price about 150 USD) and the new spider style WOT 15" coils with price about 300USD.

What is the difference between them?
Is there technological upgrade or just design change?...

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not any difference just more spokes for mechanical stability. I had one for a couple weeks and sold it. It is very solidly built and deep seeking but way too heavy on an Etrac or Explorer without a harness. The 13" Ultimate is over a 1/2 pound lighter and I could use it without a harness.

Last edited:

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean that there is only design change and the price is double?!!

This is very unexpected from Coiltek...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread