Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is wonderful Jeff,thanks for posting !

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is pretty kewl !! Thanx for that!

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that very thing happened to me yesterday, though his excal was a little out of tune.

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot help but wonder what model makes a drumbeat type noise.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Obviously an attempt to lure in younger buyers. I question whether or not it will work. Most will think it is cool I guess. I just think it is a lame marketing attempt.

I don't like the guy searching on a crowded beach, as I hate wads that weave in between people on a crowded beach. I think that makes us all look like rapacious jerks. But hey, that's just me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell I will take 2 if the dancers come with them....

I'm the opposite Terry, I have no trouble hunting crowded beaches, more eye candy......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that's what a CTX can do for all that money? Think I'll stay old school with my Explorer and Technics 1200s. :headbang:

Deep_digger_Dan

Greenie
Sep 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really glad I don't use Minelab products any longer. It's back to Garrett for me.
Come on, Get In!

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Obviously an attempt to lure in younger buyers. I question whether or not it will work. Most will think it is cool I guess. I just think it is a lame marketing attempt.

I don't like the guy searching on a crowded beach, as I hate wads that weave in between people on a crowded beach. I think that makes us all look like rapacious jerks. But hey, that's just me.

Agreed, makes me want one even less! But I highly doubt I'm their target audience. People at Jonestown on the other hand...

Last edited:

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't get it, but I'm old so it probably wasn't meant for me. I can think of better things they could have spent their (our) $$ on. If they wanted to do a music video, should have had their engineers record all the freq tones from a 3030 and handed it over to a sharp DJ and turned him loose. Would have been clever, made sense, more relevant and a hell of a lot cheaper than the over produced smaltz they came up with.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously an attempt to lure in younger buyers. I question whether or not it will work. Most will think it is cool I guess. I just think it is a lame marketing attempt. I don't like the guy searching on a crowded beach, as I hate wads that weave in between people on a crowded beach. I think that makes us all look like rapacious jerks. But hey, that's just me.
+1 on weaving in between people.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1 on weaving in between people.

well since everyone he was weaving in between was set up for the Video.

And Since the Video was Set up For Minelab owners as just a cool vid to advertise a Contest to make a 2 Minute Video with your Minelab.

wouldn't matter to me if he were searching for metal plates in their heads,
and digging the plates out their Brains :thumbsup:
(someone please make that video :laughing7:
the detectorist could be a zombie looking for a meal on a plate )

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well since everyone he was weaving in between was set up for the Video. And Since the Video was Set up For Minelab owners as just a cool vid to advertise a Contest to make a 2 Minute Video with your Minelab. wouldn't matter to me if he were searching for metal plates in their heads, and digging the plates out their Brains :thumbsup: (someone please make that video :laughing7: the detectorist could be a zombie looking for a meal on a plate )
Yea Jeff I made the +1 comment before even watching video! (My bad) All in all I have to admit that's a cool ad for various models of ML detectors!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hell I will take 2 if the dancers come with them....

I'm the opposite Terry, I have no trouble hunting crowded beaches, more eye candy......

Watch out! That candy will get you in trouble! lol

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of us are the before guy in the video, and some of us are the after guy :)...

Did anyone notice what sounded like a sound byte out of the Steve Miller "Jungle Love" song at the 2:20 min mark? Listen to the Minelab video at the 2:20 mark, and then listen to the very beginning of the video below:

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of us are the before guy in the video, and some of you are the after guy :)...

Did anyone notice what sounded like a sound byte out of the Steve Miller "Jungle Love" song at the 2:20 min mark?

Yes - You are correct sir!!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! I'd like it even more if all the sounds were produced only by the detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread