Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that isn't a loaded, pointed question designed to start fights, I don't know what is!

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own one and I put it in the wrong forum but since its here .there might be something to multifrequency v3i, OK going to hide under a rock

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u can't find something with the etrac then u shouldn't be detecting. Plan and simple.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it better then my ace350 at finding bottle caps?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing this same question for the last couple years it seems if you don't like minelab then yes its overrated, but if you like minelab then no it is not overrated.

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many great detectors out there on the market. I say if you like what you use that is all that matters. To me I think many minelab detectors are in the great category, but like I said there are many great detectors in all makes & models :thumbsup:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I don't believe for one minute that the Etrac is over rated, but it's certainly being marketed incorrectly. Allow me to explain.

When I locate a target with mine and dig, usually it's something that I want; occasionally, it's something that I don't want. But every single time that I dig a hole I find at least one earthworm, sometimes five or six. I'm forced to conclude that the Etrac is actually an earthworm detector, and quite a good one at that...possibly the best one on the market. When I hear that high tone, it may be a coin or it may be a bottlecap, but it will certainly be an earthworm.

Minelab needs to start marketing these to fishermen. :laughing9:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
797 post, Has one of them ever been positive? Perhaps you are better suited for Coin Roll hunting, no bottle caps there, but you would find some, I'm sure. HH
Is it better then my ace350 at finding bottle caps?

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my experience people who thinks etrac is over rated r guys who cant learn the machine.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my experience people who thinks etrac is over rated r guys who cant learn the machine.

If they are new probably can't learn, and if they're experienced, can't adapt. To get the most out of it it's not just about changing detectors, it's changing a lot more, because these are designed to think while you hunt, and not just swing and count on the detector to do most of the work. That's why so many complain about the recovery, because they have not figured this out, and as I said have not been able to adapt. These type of threads have gone on, and will continue to go on as long as there's such a thing and detecting and forums to post on, but the same amount will be continue to be solved, and that is nothing. With there being so many variables there's never a common denominator that's anywhere close to forming an opinion that matters. Just like anything else in the world there's people that are great at things, and people who really suck, but with this hobby you can't tell who is who because it's the quality of the site that determines the finds, and not whether you use a Garrett or Minelab. So unless everyone wants to hop a plane and make their case in person, there's nothing going to be proved on here today, tomorrow, or 25 years from now. That's why I tend to stay away from the user forums on detecting sites because It's totally pointless.

mope540

Jun 29, 2011
Yonder
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shhhhhhhh.....that silver is for us E-Trac owners to find. We should agree with the doubters and nod our heads when they make negative comments. Convince them that Radio Shack sells better (cheaper is better to some) equipment.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to Minelab Forum..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread