Minelab pinpoiter?

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had one and sold it because it is not very loud and I had trouble hearing it around traffic and such. Mine also had a delay when you turned it on. You had to hold the switch for a certain amount of time before it would come on, not quick like a garrett and those two things drove me crazy.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem with mine either! The light is brighter than garrett, but there is a slight pause between pressing the on button and when it's ready to point!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem with mine either! The light is brighter than garrett, but there is a slight pause between pressing the on button and when it's ready to point!

I had quite a few pinpointers garrets,minelabes,sunray,ect. The minelabe yes the light may not seem to important till you see it in action its nice feature, the adjustability is awesome up & or down pending on what ur doin is great. I had no issues with mine either & would get another

Merc

Greenie
Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only used me a few times but no problems with it so far. What kind of problems are you having with yours? Some details of what yours is or is not doing would be very helpful.

I also like the adjustments on the Minelab. It is one of the reasons I purchased the Minelab over the Garrett.

Jerry

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only used me a few times but no problems with it so far. What kind of problems are you having with yours? Some details of what yours is or is not doing would be very helpful.

I also like the adjustments on the Minelab. It is one of the reasons I purchased the Minelab over the Garrett.

Jerry
The problems I've had have been with the garrett. First one started falsing real bad so I returned only to have the same problem right away.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used the White's with no problems for a year or so. I don't want sound just vibrate and it makes enough sound vibrating anyway. White's is launching a new pin pointer this month, the 13th, I think. Gonna give it a try and use the current one for backup.

Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one and sold it because it is not very loud and I had trouble hearing it around traffic and such. Mine also had a delay when you turned it on. You had to hold the switch for a certain amount of time before it would come on, not quick like a garrett and those two things drove me crazy.

They must have changed the model, I bought a minelab pp 6 weeks ago, super happy with it, turns on with one touch, off as well, not super loud if headphones have a steady hum, but the vibration is aggressive enough to use without sound, I have had no need to use discrimination adjustments but its nice to know its available. The light is crazy bright - all in all, I am extremely happy with my choice to purchase it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched a video recently where the user had a Pro-Pointer, and a Minelab.

Over and over he showed that the Minelab would pick up a signal where the Pro-Pointer didn't.

I have a Pro-Pointer, and have hit wheats at 3" with it.... However, the Minelab does interest me...

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had mine since shortly after they came out. No problems at all- I use both it and the Garrett, tho the Garrett is my primary as it detects deeper than the Minelab(and as a Minelab aficionado that hurts me to say that). I love the adjustability of the Minelab for its use in tite holes.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dirtscratcher!! The only problem I have had is dirt tends to accumulate in the small speaker holes on the shaft!! Otherwise it does a good job pointing objects!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions