Finding thre right detector

twogunz

Apr 13, 2005
I have been using a barracuda with a ten inch coil now for eight years. The cuda bites very deep. MY best find Spanish real coin came out of 18 inches of hard packed sand. My deepwesst was 24 inches for a copper coin also hard packed sand. Ancjhor elefctronics made teh Cuda, but are not in business. I am looking to replace the cuda (Still works great) with something newer. Was thinking of Minelab Excal 2, and or a Whites their new model I forget the name. . I am looking for a water machine waterproof to 200 feet. I am open to suggestions on this. I hear Mineleab nickles and dimes teh user on out of warrarnty repairs. Any event. I am open to opinions, as I am going the retire the barracuda.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever Long hair suggests theres reason behind it, he is very knowlegable

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're getting those kinds of depths on a coin, I'm not sure I would want to retire it! What don't you like about the detector or what feature are you looking to get with a new one? There are many fine water machines out there. If you need discrimination, the Excalibur is about the only game in town. Multi-frequency VLF and PI machines might get a tad more depth but sound off on everything. The CZ21, Whites Dual field, Garrett Infinium, and even the Tesoro Sand Shark all will do the job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions