Jan 22, 2014
Manchester
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special edition
Whites Dual field P.I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys

I have an opportunity to buy a Minelab excalibur I from a reputable vendor, it has a 10 ´´ coil and the yellow headphones and is supposedly in good condition. The asking price is $ 1000 here in England, take note metal detectors are more expensive here and if I bought one in the States I would have to pay about 30 % on import tax.

Over here a new Excalibur II costs about $ 2000.

Excluding the price difference from the States to the UK, all what matters is I can buy an Excalibur for half the price of a new II series. What are your opinions ? is the Excalibur I much different from the Excalibur II , this one has yellow headphones and a 10 ´´ coil.. ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excal 1 as you call it is a great detector if it is in good shape I would jump on it....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
If had to choice between hunting with a New Excal II or a Old Blue..I would take the blue first.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I paid $900 for an Excal II with two battery pods here in the US. It was used very little and other than one of the battery pods not charging up as high as the other one, it was a great buy!
I would think $1000 for a blue Excal I, if it didn't need a battery pod, is an OK deal. Check for any moisture in the plastic housings and between connectors and make sure it will charge to full capacity!
Best of luck!

OP
OP
Corlett

Corlett

Jan 22, 2014
Manchester
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special edition
Whites Dual field P.I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys...

One thing I have noticed through search and search, these machines do retain there money, you are hard pushed to find one let alone a ``great deal ´´

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good used one will lose almost no value for many years if you take care of it...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can buy it from a local dealer that will give you some sort of warranty and user tips, that looks like a good deal to me if a new one is the UK equivalent of $2000 U.S.. Over here, a new one is in the $1350 range and used can be had for half that. Nothing wrong with a Blue1000 but I wouldn't pay that for a Sword model. Nothing wrong with the performance of the Sword, it's just that Minelab is no longer servicing them. Most of their parts don't interchange with the later models so it might be difficult to get it repaired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread