E-Trac Foam Handle Grip Cleaning?

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a etrac & the foam handle is very dirty. I have always kept a cover on my se pro so never had to clean it much. I would like to get it off and clean but have never done it can't find anything about getting it off to clean. Has anyone took off the foam grip or what is the best way to clean it without damage to the machine? Thanks For Any Help!

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a terrycloth washcloth and water... Don.t be to rough with it.. Then some amour all or similar..

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a terrycloth washcloth and water... Don.t be to rough with it.. Then some amour all or similar..

Yea, I was hoping that someone knows a way to get it off machine to clean. Thanks for input.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use soap and water, squeeze it with a clean towel, and let it air dry. If you install a cover kit, that will reduce the cleanings needed as the cover will take most of the abuse and is removable and washable.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use soap and water, squeeze it with a clean towel, and let it air dry. If you install a cover kit, that will reduce the cleanings needed as the cover will take most of the abuse and is removable and washable.

Ok, thanks for info. I was just hoping that someone had removed it from the shaft but I guess not. You could get it a lot cleaner if you could remove it but again thanks for info.

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine horribly dirty early on in ownership. I removed all the loose soil by hand, wet the foam with hot soapy water, and then squeezed out the water with a towel, and repeated until the towel showed no further dirt. I now have the grip wrapped with tennis racket grip tape. The grip feels better in my hands and wipes clean with a damp cloth. When worn it is easily removed and replaced.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can wet it with soapy water and slide it off the back by removing the arm cuff, but they have a tendency to tear if you aren't careful. I always squeezed a damp soapy rag on it to get mine clean. After a while, I removed mine and put a tennis grip wrap on it - it made it cushioned for less wrist fatigue, and it wipes clean easily. Some guys use vetwrap on theirs.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread