Minelab warranty work

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Recently started to have some minor problems with my CTX, those were upper shaft wear at handgrip, lower shaft wear, had to keep adjusting shaft length, and minor corrosion from a minor water leak at battery compartment. I kept a word document during the process to keep track of the dates and such so I could remember dates when I posted. Overall, I am happy with my dealings with Minelab service department. There are some things an "impatient" consumer could nit pick on but they are trivial at best (IMO), those being.... work done to my machine was completed and ready to ship AFTER UPS had been to the repair facility on a Friday, so the machine sat there another weekend without moving, additionally, there was nothing listed as to what work was completed. After closely examining my CTX, I could see everything I had asked to be looked at was and new parts were installed. The unit fired right up after assembly and all I have to do now is load up my custom programs. Below is a breakdown of the timeline from shipping to receiving the repaired unit. Beware of winter storms when shipping! Problems with the CTX, Upper and Lower shaft wear and corroded terminals inside battery compartment from minor leakage previously. Emailed Minelab Service and had an email response within 2 hours. Was told to send Serial Number of the machine and my mailing information and I would receive an RMA number. Received my RMA number the same day. Boxed and shipped my CTX (2/11/14) with a detailed description of problems. Shipment was delayed due to the ice storm in Georgia. Package delivered by UPS on 2/17/14 near end of work day. Received a conformation of receipt email from Minelab on 2/18/14. Emailed Minelab to see if they had worked on the unit yet, they had not worked on it as of 2/24/14. Emailed Minelab to see if they had worked on the unit yet (2/28/14), end of day got confirmation the CTX was worked on and received a tracking number for the shipment. No word on what was repaired/replaced. Tracking number created. Shipped 3/3/14. Repaired machine arrived 3/6/14, no itemized list of work completed but upon inspection I could tell the lower shaft (along with new coil bolt, washers and nut) and upper shaft were replaced along with the assembly on the rear of the unit where you attach the battery. Those were the three things I had listed on a detailed description of problems and were covered by the repair HH all Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread