PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received the WOT coil for my etrac at christmas and finally got to use it on Sunday. Hit a nearby school I like to hunt when I don't have much time. In about 2 hours I hit 2 silvers - a merc and roosevelt as well as a couple of wheats. It had been over a year since I pulled a silver out of this site.

I got out today for another 1.5 hours at park and got a couple of deep wheats, but not much else.

Pinpointing is a little harder then with stock coil, but not too different using the minelab wiggle, however the weight of the coil was more than I thought. After about 2 hours I was tiring, not sure if I could swing that thing more than 3 hours.

Overall I like it, but might need a harness at some point. Going to try the beach this weekend if it isn't covered in snow and/or frozen.

HH,

Pete

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a harness would make a big Difference :thumbsup:

the WOT is an Excellent coil

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was also wondering about the harness and if its a good buy? I think it would just be getting in the way as im swinging through rough terrain and rivers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was also wondering about the harness and if its a good buy? I think it would just be getting in the way as im swinging through rough terrain and rivers.

I have been hunting with a harness for 7 years, on beach, in water, on land and even in some woods. So far it has gotten in the way a total of zero times......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Use the Swingy Thingy & the Detecting Buddy and have not gotten snagged in the woods
with either one.

I have gotten Snagged by my headphones on several occasions :laughing7:
and by headphone cords too. and by open coils.

I have used my Swingy Thingy in a lake a few times.

I have actually let my detector hang from it, while I bent over in the lake
to dig a target with both hands.

I don't particularly recommend that, I know I was a bit worried, being my detectors aren't water proof.
But it worked.

I have never used Minelabs new Harness Get-up.
Way to expensive for my taste. But I would imagine it would
be as good.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a harness would make a big Difference :thumbsup:

the WOT is an Excellent coil

+1 on that the detecting buddy I really like makes any detector with any coil,or ad on.weightless & u don't have to remove it to dig ur plug, best part is its only $25 & u can use it with & on any detector

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is a camelpac that holds 2 liters of cold water,"bungee hooks to it and it has several d hooks I added for holding any thing else. It works great and I have cold water with me all day.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
PullTabPete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the advice, I'll probably check out the detecting buddy at $25 not a big investment.

Did get out for an hour today and snagged a merc, think the WOT will probably stay on for a while before I switch back to the stock coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread