Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the best advice I can give is use it at least for a 6 months to 1 year because used Etracs only bring 800-$1100 tops. I didn't mesh with mine until about 15-20 hours on it while also studying Andy Sabisch's book. Then one day it just "clicked" and started to make more sense. This is standard return policy for about all detector suppliers because just think of all the machines they would have returned in a week or two because they didn't find that silver coin or gold ring they thought they should by buying a high priced detector. Give it more time, read Andy's book and learn the machine before taking a huge loss. Just my experience and opinion!
Walt

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't want my money back just a different detector once.might have gone for the CTX or t2 they docked me around till I could only get 70% towards. Credit .I been using it a lot and it loves copper seems pretty easy to use so far just need to no the numbers the sound might be more difficult. Anyway just going to keep it got 500 saved for the t2 so won't be long .but I'm not getting it there just the same. Screw me once

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through the same thing with Kellyco on an Ace 350 that I had 1 day over the 14 day return policy and a Minelab coil I never actually used. I got over those situations, but CANNOT get over certain members of their sales staff being rude. On the other end of the spectrum, Keith at Fort Bedford is top notch in my experiences. Sorry I'm off topic just trying to help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ye people told me to give him a call should of listen well I'll be getting one soon for now I'll learn the etrac plus have the atpro , want to get the small coil for it.

mobilius

Greenie
Jul 15, 2013
I am also new to the E-Trac. I have used many different machines since 1978 and I can attest to the fact that Minelab machine, particularly the E-Trac operate much differently than what I was used to. When I got my E-trac I thought that there must be something wrong with it. I contacted Minelab and told them what I was experiencing and they walked me through some basic idiosyncrasies of the machine. I took it out, set lit up, then started finding coins. My first hunt I found four mercy, one Rosie, and a silver Washington quarter, not to mention all the Wheaties. I have since learned a few tricks and I think the E-Trac is the finest machine, bar none, that I have used since 1978. You might go to www.goes4ever.com and take a look at his tutorials and then take a look at some of his You Tube videos. I got some very good info at his site. Happy hunting and good luck to you. I know that once you get the feel for the E-Trac you will love it!!

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took it out to day found a 1868 shield nickel, a old yellow bow pin with a stone I guess it was for a war, also found a to ringer bullet again we had no civil war here, pluse some old bullets one that wasn't fired yet. And some clad. I been running it in relic mode 4 tone fe with auto unless it gets to trashy then I go in 2 tone or go in coin mode. I been using it regularly no silver yet accept a silver ear ring.I no people the using it in co but I like iron to null. I like it its a good machine. I no I need more time with it so I I'm not digging rusty nails. I don't like using it in the leaves cause your above ground level , seems like people use it close to the ground. I no I'm going to love the etrac . I will check out that web site you referred . thank you. Im trying to use it every day . well til next time.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took it out to day found a 1868 shield nickel, a old yellow bow pin with a stone I guess it was for a war, also found a to ringer bullet again we had no civil war here, pluse some old bullets one that wasn't fired yet. And some clad. I been running it in relic mode 4 tone fe with auto unless it gets to trashy then I go in 2 tone or go in coin mode. I been using it regularly no silver yet accept a silver ear ring.I no people the using it in co but I like iron to null. I like it its a good machine. I no I need more time with it so I I'm not digging rusty nails. I don't like using it in the leaves cause your above ground level , seems like people use it close to the ground. I no I'm going to love the etrac . I will check out that web site you referred . thank you. Im trying to use it every day . well til next time.
FYI a null (blank in threshold) comes from sweeping a discriminated out item like when in coin mode and you hit iron. Do you mean a low tone grunt? I like 2 and 4 TF if in a lot of iron and conductive in there's a lot of canslaw. It's a great machine and the more you use it the better it gets. Goodluck and HH!

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took it out again today found a silver dime had to be 7 inch I'd say .l planed to get the etrac and the t2 , but couldn't afford both so I got the more expensive one figuring I could save up for the t2 cause its cheaper,now I started MD pretty hard at the end of last year so I wanted something better for the woods and parks.So I didn't take in count that the parks are filled with sixty people watching there kids play baseball and then its soccer so I can get there at six in the. Morning but can only get in to hours, so I'm getting pushed to the woods where I don't want to be dragging the etrac a long scratching it up and banging it on stuff.That's the one thing I hate about the etrac its a pretty machine and the resale value is great so guys take care of it ,I'm not that guy I'm rough with things and if I'm digging a plug and it turns over I get aggravated. I should of got the CTX instead.So I'm going to get something cheaper for the woods and at the end of the season when the parks open up I'm going to get the CTX or maybe the etrac unless I here that the new etrac coming out. Either way I'm going to get another minelabe there great units.That's my feel issue with it and not for nothing it would be nice that when you noise cancel it you could down load a song to play while you wait would be a cool feature and also it would be nice if you could get special glasses that could plug in to the head phones that would show the id in a little window of the glasses.That would be assume . I'm really going to start doing my home work on the CTX and start saving it seems like it can take more abuse or it is a lighter color , not. a shine black that shows everything .well I'll be listening to all your great finds. Thanks again.

If no one has mentioned it, several of the supporting TN dealers have used, maybe they would take your Minelab in on a used T2 or whatever you wanted.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for reminding me I did find silver with it, a 1917 merc in my back yard. When I got the etrac I took it to a old barn site litters with iron nails, not a place for your first real hunt, but I did manage to pull a button out of all the iron , I mean I literally took a hour and forty min to move 30 feet, just not good for a new user.plus had it in co 4 tone well let's say I used it to day , found a pocket watch which made my heart jump, but it was just a walmart special . I used it in multi tone and in co, that is what's works for me ,that's the sound I like to here and is one of the reason I got the etrac, now I can see what all the hype is about. You can here exactly what its doing , pluse you can here multi targets . plus I turned up the threash volume and I can see how it would bang on silver. I'm becoming one with it and I like it, also going to keep it. Its a great unit. I no the parks are full now with people, I don't care I'm one of them. I'll give it its fare share in the woods to see what the results are but its a keeper now I'm a trac e. Oh ye I did mean grunt not null sorry about that. I still plan on getting the t2 but not going to trade the etrac for one, not even a brand new one . so thanks for putting up with my impatience .oh and the battery life is great to .in getting a little extension for the head phones the cord is just a tad bit short. Wellb hanks again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used it to day in a field got a 1902 barber dime my first one, got every other dime . but couldn't get a barber . I'm getting good with the etrac now just have to get used to finding stuff in mutable targets I mean I more want something to be the when I no the probbley isn't. Maybe I should move to another tread though.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used it to day in a field got a 1902 barber dime my first one, got every other dime . but couldn't get a barber . I'm getting good with the etrac now just have to get used to finding stuff in mutable targets I mean I more want something to be the when I no the probbley isn't. Maybe I should move to another tread though.
Dandut, nice find! Sounds like it's growing on you a little bit! I remember the first 30 min I used an Etrac. I hated it and was totally at a loss with FE-CO numbers. After 15-20 hours and reading Andy S.'s book it all fell into place.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dandut, nice find! Sounds like it's growing on you a little bit! I remember the first 30 min I used an Etrac. I hated it and was totally at a loss with FE-CO numbers. After 15-20 hours and reading Andy S.'s book it all fell into place.

Yes its a nice machine , its nice in fields to, but the grass grows quick here though and we don't have. A ton of sheep around.Got along weekend going to take it to a place in the woods that I found some silver last year and to a old boy scout camp, and of course parks ,going to use it some more be for I get the book so I will understand more and quicker, well thanks , hope I have some nice finds to post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread