cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall in the early 80s when I quickly learned to turn the discriminator on my Inca up until all tabs were eliminated... What a haul of coins! I recall another guy with a whites had a couple nickels, a few coins and a bag full of pull tabs... He pointed out I was missing nickels and Then I showed him a steel war nickel! Sure all the bells and whistles are cool but I had just as much fun with that old Tesoro!
Steel war nickels?? Never seen or heard of those. Which war? They made steel cents in 1943. Is that what you mean? If you turned up the discrimination on your Inca to where you don't dig pull tabs, you're not going to detect steel of any kind. You're also not likely to find gold rings unless they're huge ones. There is always a trade-off when using discrimination.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall in the early 80s when I quickly learned to turn the discriminator on my Inca up until all tabs were eliminated... What a haul of coins! I recall another guy with a whites had a couple nickels, a few coins and a bag full of pull tabs... He pointed out I was missing nickels and Then I showed him a steel war nickel! Sure all the bells and whistles are cool but I had just as much fun with that old Tesoro!

Steel war nickels?? Never seen or heard of those. Which war? They made steel cents in 1943. Is that what you mean? If you turned up the discrimination on your Inca to where you don't dig pull tabs, you're not going to detect steel of any kind. You're also not likely to find gold rings unless they're huge ones. There is always a trade-off when using discrimination.

Typical error :laughing7:

"Silver" war nickels :tongue3:

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Etrac 2 is the CTX! Laughing!!! The Etrac in same shaft configuration as the CTX without GPS or being waterproof and a little lighter than CTX would be great.

Ya I would think the CTX would be the luxury High End machine .... Seems to me that most users like myself will never be able to own a rig like that ... but the E-Trac is in the perfect price range for a high end detector and I think just like the Explorer Series there will be more E-Tracs to come potentially (E-Trac II / III / E-Trac SE / SE Pro / Etc. / Etc.)

I am hoping this is the case as I would like to buy a new E-Trac and be able to sell it before the 3 year warranty us up for better resale value and upgrade to something newer in that price range.

I would LOVE to see an E-Trac two come out like next year or something ... but whatever it is myself and many others would love to see anything new in this consumer price range detector class.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I would think the CTX would be the luxury High End machine .... Seems to me that most users like myself will never be able to own a rig like that ... but the E-Trac is in the perfect price range for a high end detector and I think just like the Explorer Series there will be more E-Tracs to come potentially (E-Trac II / III / E-Trac SE / SE Pro / Etc. / Etc.)

I am hoping this is the case as I would like to buy a new E-Trac and be able to sell it before the 3 year warranty us up for better resale value and upgrade to something newer in that price range.

I would LOVE to see an E-Trac two come out like next year or something ... but whatever it is myself and many others would love to see anything new in this consumer price range detector class.
Sorry, but that's a pipedream. There won't be any more "new" FBS machines.
I'll wager that any "new" models will be FBS2 or other Smartcoil™ technology based units.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, but that's a pipedream. There won't be any more "new" FBS machines.
I'll wager that any "new" models will be FBS2 or other Smartcoil™ technology based units.

Ya I do agree but it has to be called something different having new FBS2 technology.

My assumption is new technology like that along with other new features = an entire new machine and new name.

Whether it's a called an E-Trac II .... Or some completely different name it will be a new machine and that's all I would care about not the name.

But there will be something new in the future that's a fact ... And regardlessof name I would hope it applies to a new machine in the 1000-1500 range and not 2k plus.

Looking forward to seeing what new they have in store.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See! If only you had a Garrett or Tesoro you'd find 'em. :thumbsup:
Just like the TV show "Diggers", they have their own lingo. I always just call 'em crown caps. :laughing7:
I find plenty of those as it is! And I don't need a Garrett or Tesoro to do it! :tongue3:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I would like to see a detector have the capability to have different target Id's for gold instead of having it fall where aluminum or a pulltab does. If that could ever be figured out, that would be enough for me.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about to buy an etrac in two months, so I figure in three something new will be rolled out.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am about to buy an etrac in two months, so I figure in three something new will be rolled out.

Yup, that always seems to happen to me too!

sent from a potato...

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This is what I'm afraid of as well ... It seems like with that video and it being years since something new from Minelab something is on horizon and it will be right after I buy an e-Trac.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I would think if they were going to introduce a new machine it would be very soon as it is now spring. Winter would not make sense...

sent from a potato...

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think if they were going to introduce a new machine it would be very soon as it is now spring. Winter would not make sense...
Most of their hobby detector sales are probably northern hemisphere, but remember, you're talking about a company in Australia. It's going into winter there.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the US market is only a small portion of the sales. I'm really hating to see them being sold at Cabellas, Bass Pro Shop etc. next to Si's camo Duck Dynasty detector.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Most of their hobby detector sales are probably northern hemisphere, but remember, you're talking about a company in Australia. It's going into winter there.

Yes the US market is only a small portion of the sales. I'm really hating to see them being sold at Cabellas, Bass Pro Shop etc. next to Si's camo Duck Dynasty detector.

Your right I didn't consider other markets than the US. I like cabellas but the cheap detectors have no business next to the high end machines.

sent from a potato...

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see a water proof etrac type of detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions