Etrac question

Fyrguy86

Sep 15, 2013
Landenberg, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab GPX5000, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hope y'all can help. I've dug a fair share of silver coins. Most have been pretty much right on the numbers and sound. My question is....at what FE number do you decide to dig if it is sounding like silver, and the CO number is close, but the FE is way high? I've only had my machine since sept, just trying to sharpen my skill with it, and not leave coins in the ground from a bad decision. Thanks.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much depends on ground conditions and depth to give an actual number. You'll just have to dig one and see what it is. Based on what you find, you can decide to dig more of them or not in that area. Any FE number in the high 20's and 30's you can figure to be iron in my area.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cutoff is in the mid 20s.... I've seen some silver ring at 19-20 FE, and large cents get a little lower in the 22-23 range. Those are usually your deeper coins or close to iron items. If it sounds good, dig it! :)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Alas, I am obsolete.

I dig only by sound. I look at the numbers - referencing myself I guess. But if it sounds good, I dig it, period. This has rewarded me with a whole lot of can slaw, but I haven't missed anything. I don't dig "grunts", except sometimes when I am intrigued.

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I had a mercury dime come up as 17 45. There was a small bus token laying flat against it as well. Before I had another mercury dime come up as 15 45.

I have had my Etrac for 2 months and am also getting used to it. I think the good sounds are more of a warble.

issombeituni

May 26, 2013
I found a guy on youtube called cutaplug and his videos helped me out!!! this week I have over 15 silvers... I run in TTF and when I swing in multi tone iron will sound off like silver but put it in TTF and the iron grunts... solid silver finds for me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread