Finally on the board with the X-Terra 305

Bucketfreak317

Feb 3, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 Whites BH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well after spending about three weeks going through all the information I could and doing as many test as I could along with extensive run throughs in all the modes and different parameters in sensitivity and threshold I finally got out and on the board with some clad not without a hitch though I'd been noticing a problem for some time in my left arm and my upper back has been bothering me so before I went out swinging the coil I had to take a trip to the chiropractor.
Now I know why I couldn't play violin for more than 3 minutes before having to put it down my left arm had been out of the socket for at least three months and I didn't even know it,once I left there I was ready to do some swinging within about 15 minutes I hit a whopping twenty two cents in clad it was twenty two cents I didn't have before.
I'll say this to those who are new to this particular model or the other two its suggested to lay targets on the ground to get a feel for tone ID my opinion is this is about as useful as an air test I went ahead and did a test garden using only clad I ran this test in all modes at 2,4,6,and 8 inches in depth I didn't have to worry about 8 inches because by the time I'd had my targets at 6 the only thing that would have even alerted me that there was a target under the soil was the threshold going null which is suppose to to signify an undesirable target?
Now all these recording including changing sensitivity from 3,5,8,and 10 during the depth test,though other people would argue the hallo effect the targets I dug Saturday seemed to match up with my test garden readings both in audio tone and on screen TID.
My thoughts on the drop out in threshold is this if your running in the suggested park or junk area level setting in the manual a setting below 5 for modern parks and beaches and a setting below 3 for junk areas(this is suggested for the 305)knowing what I know now I would jump into all metal mode up my sensitivity and check that drop out,the good thing is this problem only effects penny's and dimes.
I hope this is helpful and if I'm doing something wrong chime in and let me know this is the only way I know to learn is go out and swing and experiment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions