Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is how the Canadian coin program is , but what I don't like is that our quarters , dimes ,loonies and toonies sound the same as iron scrap or trash , my question is ... Anyway to set this up so that those coins will sound off different from the iron trash? I do look at the numbers but the sound is what jumps out first. Today looks like first day I will be able to hit that old beach/park, hopefully my knee will last 45 minutes or so!! D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

Attachments

• image-2618385250.jpg
    image-2618385250.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know which of your detectors you are using, but the Coins of your country are mostly low conductivity and there is no way around it. Be thankful you have Loonies and Toonies

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sask, I studied your Canadian coin program briefly but unfortunately the coins you mention are going to fall in same place as a lot of iron, because they are steel core coins. I think not of the tiny piece of junk iron should fall further to bottom right of the screen though. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you I've even really busy with work and new grandchild!

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fletch .... No problems at all , I understand , oh and sandman ... Forgot to mention I have the ctx3030. I guess if I want to snag some of the loons and toons I'll definetly need to dig all , : today is looking very good for first short hunt of the year , thanx guys

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes, I must be missing lots of Canadian coins! I don't know if I want to include them or not in my hunting program. What do they read on the scale for Loonies and Toonies?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fletch .... No problems at all , I understand , oh and sandman ... Forgot to mention I have the ctx3030. I guess if I want to snag some of the loons and toons I'll definetly need to dig all , : today is looking very good for first short hunt of the year , thanx guys D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

Dean, I forgot to mention also that in believe most of the iron core coins should be fairly shallow and have a decent repeatable signal with a clean red spot in target trace during pinpoint. If it's splotchy and scattered across the screen it probably is bits of rubbish iron. Hold detect button down to access target trace activation screen.

Walt

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cudamark the loonies and toonies if I can remember are at 35:50 , I could be wrong but I will double check and post later after supper ,new dimes are 35:45 and new quarters are 35:47
Fletch.. Thanx for that info, with my at pro I hardly ever watched the screen , I guess now with my ctx iam going to have to start doing that if I want to pick these stuff up , I guess it's a whole new ball game to learn now lol

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cudamark the loonies and toonies if I can remember are at 35:50 , I could be wrong but I will double check and post later after supper ,new dimes are 35:45 and new quarters are 35:47 Fletch.. Thanx for that info, with my at pro I hardly ever watched the screen , I guess now with my ctx iam going to have to start doing that if I want to pick these stuff up , I guess it's a whole new ball game to learn now lol D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating
I think I have a way to make the program you sent work better. I need the numbers or some actual loonies and toonies. All I have is a Canadian nickel I found under a rusty bottle opener on the beach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok what I will do is after supper tonight I will run the loons, toons, .25,.10 and post them , that will be great if you can fine tune that for me , very much appreciated

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more thing fletch.... What do you suggest I keep the setting at, ferrous / coin? Low trash?etc... Oh ya deep? Fast? Mostly doing beach, park type hunting and anything else you may suggest , hopeing to get out tonight for abit

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cudamark the loonies and toonies if I can remember are at 35:50 , I could be wrong but I will double check and post later after supper ,new dimes are 35:45 and new quarters are 35:47
Fletch.. Thanx for that info, with my at pro I hardly ever watched the screen , I guess now with my ctx iam going to have to start doing that if I want to pick these stuff up , I guess it's a whole new ball game to learn now lol

wonderful.....just like a f'ing tent stake or bolt....

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beaver 5 cent I have comes in at 35-50 and pinpoints off to the side consistently. I couldn't tell the difference between the rusty nail I had in test from the beaver at all. I had the best results in Relic- Pattern 2 which is true all metal mode. I'm thinking the modern Canadian clad may not be worth trying to weed out of junk iron. Going to get my hands on a whole set of coins to see what I can come up with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fletch . Sorry I never had time to scan my coins for you , things got busy and today i traveling for a dr appt. , you may be right on about trying to weed out these coins , and remember I was telling you that the 2006 coins come up different from the 2012 coins , lol there is just no consistency in these damn things !

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I don't have to try and sort nickel plated steel coins from the other stuff in the ground! I did in a past life plate several hundred of millions of coin blanks for the Canadian Mint. Also plated billions of US zinc cents and hate them all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread