Just Got The underwater Gray Ghosts!!

fllawboy

Feb 19, 2008
Weston, Florida
Detector(s) used
White MXT/Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my underwater Gray Ghosts from Vance Metal Detecting! :headbang:Jeremy is amazing to work with. Looking forward to getting out into the surf with the CTX! Up until now have only been able to go into the water as deep as my knees! For those who have used them any thoughts or suggestions on first time out with them?

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
The volume all the way up and at times is hard to hear sounds loud enough. My excalibur is louder, using grey ghost. CTX is louder with Bose ear buds but not water proof.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, volume is very weak. Surf and wind at the beach will about obliterate the sound of a target. Cord is a bit too short. Ear cushioning isn't very good - they will hurt the ears after an hour or so. And they are hot when above water in the sun. But they're better than the other underwater headphones for the CTX - which is none.

Jackalope

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we use the Garret Amphibian Grey Ghost headphones with the Minelab 3030 ?

Thanks

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Amphibians have a different connector currently made for Garrett AT, ATX and Infinium. To use on the CTX you would need someone to install the Minelab connector on them.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Amphibians are Better then the Gray Ghost originals under water but still not what they should be on the CTX, Just got a CTX so will be testing different UWHP's on the CTX, should be able to find something better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread