Minelab x-terra 705

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys....

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longhair..I was told by someone on here that you are the Minelab expert on here...is the x-terra 705 a hard machine to use or should say learn how to use....I have used a lot of old whites, like the 5000d and I still have the Classic 3...so I am used to just listening to the sounds...not looking at the LCD display to see what it says and how deep....

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longhair is most definitely the expert "go-to" guy on this (and other) fourms regarding anything Minelab and the X-Terra series in particular. :thumbsup:

I haven't used the older White's machines.... but if you are used to an audio ID you will like this detector,as it (like most Minelabs) is an audio primary machine....use the numbers to back up what you are hearing. Just swing it slow, and you will be fine.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith pretty well summed it up. Just go slow and listen. The display is really just additional info and for pinpointing.

I would encourage you to obtain Randy Horton's free e-book. Free eBook - Understanding your X-TERRA | Treasure Talk
No other thing available will do more to cut the learning curve than that book. Keep referring to it after each hunt as questions arise, and in no time you'll have a pretty firm grasp.

GL & HH!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread