Excalibur battery pod parts

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't sell the parts individually. Your best bet is to find a good used one one for sale. But if you are going to toss the pod, I'll pay for shipping. I have a cracked body I need to replace.

OP
OP
Corlett

Corlett

Jan 22, 2014
Manchester
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special edition
Whites Dual field P.I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Jason in Enid, thanks for the reply

I will wait to see if I can find a replacement or fabricate one, if not I will be more than pleased to send you the pod, I hate waste, at least some one can take advantage from a bad situation, recycle, recycle & recycle, if I don´t get a positive reply soon I will send you the pod, no problem...

If you find any gold, please don´t let me know, I prefer not to know lol lol lol......

:occasion14:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN may be able to hook you up. He's setup to make them in house. I know he's closed shop until November but may have one on the shelf he could send you.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't sell the parts individually. Your best bet is to find a good used one one for sale. But if you are going to toss the pod, I'll pay for shipping. I have a cracked body I need to replace.
I had the same thing happen to one of my batteries. I went to use it one day and found dozens of hairline cracks in the tube. It wasn't as if it was abused or anything, it was just stored in a closet. Minelab just shrugged their shoulders as it was out of warranty. I just epoxied the thing and use it for sand and surf only. I got another one for underwater.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen to one of my batteries. I went to use it one day and found dozens of hairline cracks in the tube. It wasn't as if it was abused or anything, it was just stored in a closet. Minelab just shrugged their shoulders as it was out of warranty. I just epoxied the thing and use it for sand and surf only. I got another one for underwater.

Mine was broken when I bought it used, but I knew that going in. It also had a new pod, and I just use the cracked one for surface hunts only.

OP
OP
Corlett

Corlett

Jan 22, 2014
Manchester
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual field P.I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies guys..

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Mnielab doesnt take much responsibility for the pods cracking, they seem to be telling everyone, that this is a rare occurrence, and its probably been abused.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple things going on, even though I have closed shop till fall

I have Harold in Florida looking for the pins, I have to get back to him on the measurements.

I also have OTLewis looking for the molds, he knew a ex minelab employee who has the original casting equipment.

What we really need are the old ikelite 2 pin connectors, I had emailed a company in England about them and they said they were discontinued .

Cameras Underwater Ltd - Sales We don't have any of these in stock as they are no longer used in any current Ikelite product. In fact the only place on our website where you can find it ( and presumably you grabbed the image from ) To Me

Apr 23
We don't have any of these in stock as they are no longer used in any
current Ikelite product. In fact the only place on our website where you
can find it ( and presumably you grabbed the image from ) shows it as
obsolete.

Regards,

Adrian

[email protected]

Cameras Underwater Ltd, Slade Road, OTTERY ST MARY. Devon EX11 1QH UK
Telephone: +44 (0) 1404 812277 Fax: +44 (0) 1404 812399
UK Registered Company #: 4314607
Visit our web site at Home - Cameras Underwater Ltd

On 23/04/14 06:30, Cameras Underwater Ltd wrote:
> This is an enquiry email via Home - Cameras Underwater Ltdfrom:
> Joe Preast <[email protected]>
>
> Interest in the ikelite pictured, several
>
> http://s704.photobucket.com/user/Oldbeechnut/media/OBN0146-1.jpg.html]
URL]
[/URL]
>

One I made but need the pins or the ikelites female....

SNAG-0008.jpg OBN0167.jpg

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a cap that looks ok on a cracked alkaline battery holder I'll send if you want it.

OP
OP
Corlett

Corlett

Jan 22, 2014
Manchester
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual field P.I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a cap that looks ok on a cracked alkaline battery holder I'll send if you want it.

Thats very kind of you, thanks but I am in Europe and it is probabbly not worth the bother, I think I will invest in a new Excalibur II and use this one on a hip mount for surf hunting and wading/ shallow water hunting, as long as it is not too long submerged there should be no problem..

Thanks for all the replies..

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know this is an old thread but i have the ikelite female connector and im making a spare rechargeable battery pod with the maxxpack battery. inside the pod will have a 9volt snap connector with a red and black wire. looking at that picture, which side of the connector gets the red wire from the battery pack and which side gets the black wire. or, if you held the endcap up and looked at it from the outside of the pod, with the index hole at the bottom, which side is red and which is black?
battery.jpg

A couple things going on, even though I have closed shop till fall

I have Harold in Florida looking for the pins, I have to get back to him on the measurements.

I also have OTLewis looking for the molds, he knew a ex minelab employee who has the original casting equipment.

What we really need are the old ikelite 2 pin connectors, I had emailed a company in England about them and they said they were discontinued .

One I made but need the pins or the ikelites female....

View attachment 990668 View attachment 990718

Last edited:

SandyBottoms

Sep 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Xcal 1000, II, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Glad I found this old thread...

The spider cracks in one of my battery pod caps got worse and now a section of the threaded end is coming apart.

OBN, have you been able to find the pieces needed to fabricate this part?

Or does anyone have a spare cap you're willing to sell?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    928 KB · Views: 219

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately I don't have any spares on those. Also I was going to make some last winter, Harold tracked down some ikelite ends but by the time I make the endcaps and buy the female ikelite my cost is about 60 dollars.. so I abandon the idea. I also had the idea of just getting rite of the ikelite and using another type of IP68 connector for the battery and pod but to many fingers and the possibility that something might get hooked up wrong and Puff... My best advice is by a alkaline battery pack and swap...last time I checked the were about 85 dollars shipped, all use the same endcaps, alk and recharge. Good Luck...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End caps I believe are about $30 with the battery connector. You can buy them from the Minelab repair center at Kellyco....

SandyBottoms

Sep 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Xcal 1000, II, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the quick and helpful replies...much obliged.

This machine is going to Kellyco for servicing soon anyway, so I'll add a spare end cap (or two) to the tab. Good to know replacement end caps are available one way or another, I just put a new MaxxPack battery in that pod.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread