x-terra 705, sounds and ID numbers

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a park today with the x-terra and got a good hit that the ID number was reading 36 so I am thinking its a penny, so I dug it and it was a penny at about 4" deep, put the plug back it the ground and ran the detector back over the hole and it hit again this time the ID was saying 42 so I am thinking a quarter, there ended up being 5 quarters in the hole all with in 5" of each other...with 5 quarters and one penny in a 6" round hole, why would it on the first hit be reading a penny first....all at the same depth...you would think with 5 quarters it would have ID the quarters first..

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found on several different detectors that an accepted target will mask other accepted targets. It's like it locks on to a target and ignores the others. I would have thought that it would average them out but is often not the case. Should make you think about passing on zincolns.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still not digging a 4" Zincoln in a park. It's all yours! :notworthy:

Junglejim67

Feb 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennies

I was at a park today with the x-terra and got a good hit that the ID number was reading 36 so I am thinking its a penny, so I dug it and it was a penny at about 4" deep, put the plug back it the ground and ran the detector back over the hole and it hit again this time the ID was saying 42 so I am thinking a quarter, there ended up being 5 quarters in the hole all with in 5" of each other...with 5 quarters and one penny in a 6" round hole, why would it on the first hit be reading a penny first....all at the same depth...you would think with 5 quarters it would have ID the quarters first..

So last night I went trough my pennies from 1915 to 2008 and found they ranged from 30 to 44, all depending on the year. the only odd one out was 43 which was -6. Tonight I will go though my other coins. I actually have a breakdown of the ID number for each year.... But it is on my in progress spreadsheet. As my dad says we just need to dig every target because you never know for sure.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! What machine are you using?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions