Calling CTX 3030 Owners of the 17" coil.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Love it. Use it more than the 11 or the 5, yeah it's heavy but it still has decent target separation in comparison to other large coils I've used. HH.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only used mine a few times, and that is with the harness cause I will detect 7-8 hours sometimes. The larger coil will most definitely go deep. I have dug coins close to the 12" range. I still haven't mastered the ability to pinpoint well with it. I also need to get it out to some older, well hit areas and see if it hits anything deeper. One advantage is that I can still run a tight discriminate pattern and pull tones from 10-12".

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a big fan of the coil and have sold my coil as I could not find a use for it. If I did more open sand detecting I would keep it as it is very nice for this type of detecting. However when I am near the ocean I usually choose to detect in the water as there is less pressure and finds seem a lot better.

Cheers - Koffee

Last edited:

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only used mine a couple times. Most of the sites I hunt are too trashy or too overgrown for an extra large coil. I did find a US belt plate at 16 inches with it. With sumer in full swing I probably won't take it out again till late fall. Unless I go to the beach.

OP
OP
R

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everyone !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread