cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think it's good now, wait until you get more experience with it!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Etrac and the finds! It is an awesome machine that's either loved or hated by new users.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really a turn on and go machine right out of the box and easy to make changes once you learn the format of the controls.

OP
OP
bountyhunter04

bountyhunter04

May 7, 2006
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V
Sure is! I have a DFX and it's way easier to use and make adjustments to!

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I have to say is that I am a newbie at metal detecting (since March), and to this day with my E-Trac have found 29 silver coins, a sterling silver spoon and bracelet, a gold broach, 5 American large pennies (2 are draped busts), 1 Canadian large cent, an 1883 Japanese Large 1 Sen coin, Indian pennies ranging from 1864 (copper nickel) to 1907 (almost a dozen), at least 100 wheats (closer to 150 but quit counting them while it's digging season), over $100 in clad, a rusted pistol, and many other things. My hands and fingers hurt from all the digging, especially deep digging. One of the large cents was 11 to 12 inches deep and rung up clear as a bell. I'm starting to learn it pretty good but still have a ways to go. I am finding that two tone ferrous mode with a wide open screen running recovery deep and quick on works well in all soils. I'm hoping my hands feel better for Monday because I have an awesome old site to check out. I have a Garrett Pro Pointer that I have been using but seem to get a lot of false beeps from it that drive me crazy. I would like to get the Minelab pinpointer. Does anyone have any feedback on these? Or what is the best pinpointer to use? And for the E-Trac, I'm planning on getting a 5 to 6 inch coil for the really trashy areas that are loaded with hard to detect coins.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I have to say is that I am a newbie at metal detecting (since March), and to this day with my E-Trac have found 29 silver coins, a sterling silver spoon and bracelet, a gold broach, 5 American large pennies (2 are draped busts), 1 Canadian large cent, an 1883 Japanese Large 1 Sen coin, Indian pennies ranging from 1864 (copper nickel) to 1907 (almost a dozen), at least 100 wheats (closer to 150 but quit counting them while it's digging season), over $100 in clad, a rusted pistol, and many other things. My hands and fingers hurt from all the digging, especially deep digging. One of the large cents was 11 to 12 inches deep and rung up clear as a bell. I'm starting to learn it pretty good but still have a ways to go. I am finding that two tone ferrous mode with a wide open screen running recovery deep and quick on works well in all soils. I'm hoping my hands feel better for Monday because I have an awesome old site to check out. I have a Garrett Pro Pointer that I have been using but seem to get a lot of false beeps from it that drive me crazy. I would like to get the Minelab pinpointer. Does anyone have any feedback on these? Or what is the best pinpointer to use? And for the E-Trac, I'm planning on getting a 5 to 6 inch coil for the really trashy areas that are loaded with hard to detect coins.
I have a garret and Minelab pinpointer. I reach for the Garret most of the time. It is faster when powered on and slips in my find pouch easier. Sounds like you have the Etrac dialed in pretty well! Congrats on an awesome year so far!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend the SunRay X-5 coil for trashy areas. As for pin pointers....if you want a stand alone type, the White's TRX, followed by the Minelab. If you want one that goes through your headphones, I like the Uniprobe. A good pair of gloves will help with the hands.

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make that 30 silver coins now after finding a 1945 Washington quarter yesterday and 7 more wheat pennies.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on good hole diggers? I have a Garrett metal blade digger, but it is only about 10 inches long, and some of the holes I dig are a good 12 inches. Also, when digging around trees I sometimes get targets below roots. And then there are the persistent rocks. Are there any good digging tools that can cut through the roots, get around rocky areas to pry the rocks out, and get good depth?

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make that 30 silver coins now after finding a 1945 Washington quarter yesterday and 7 more wheat pennies.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on good hole diggers? I have a Garrett metal blade digger, but it is only about 10 inches long, and some of the holes I dig are a good 12 inches. Also, when digging around trees I sometimes get targets below roots. And then there are the persistent rocks. Are there any good digging tools that can cut through the roots, get around rocky areas to pry the rocks out, and get good depth?

Try Predator Tools website see if something there would meet your needs.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Predator Raptor model 31 is my favorite for those 8-15" deep holes in areas you don't want to carry a shovel. It is very pricey and worth every cent!

Attachments

• image-49006449.jpg
    image-49006449.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to WWMFG.COM...

This is the Walter Leschie site...

The 31" Sampson shovel is a must have tool... approx $64 on Ebay... delivered...

It is small enough to carry but super quality!

It cuts perfect plugs even in the nicest grass...

Cuts through roots too... You will love it!

This is a must have tool...

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Predator Raptor model 31 is my favorite for those 8-15" deep holes in areas you don't want to carry a shovel. It is very pricey and worth every cent!

Don't have one...yet. Just watching YouTube videos where DirtFishing uses it amazes me the way it cuts such perfect plugs.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its the best $60+ you will spend. You will find twice the number of targets because of the speed you can dig a plug.
My friend and I both use one and swear by it...look on ebay for the best delivered price...

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some pretty cool diggers! Just dug 2 more silver Roosevelt dimes tonight and one of those old zinc "Good for 5 Cents in Trade" tokens. I really could have used one of those diggers. The Predator and the model 75 look pretty good. I might get one of each, if not for this year but for next along with a different pin pointer.
I am still amazed at the E-Trac picking up the wheats and silvers in this pretty well picked over park. I am now up to 32 silver coins on the year.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have am AT PRO and a ACE 350... I also want to buy an ETRAC now... :)
Preditor tools website has had issues ? I have even called them to plave an order...no answer... no call back? Be careful... I have heard of people giving their cc # to order and got no response. His brother is Walter Lesche of WWMFG.COM
that makes the best hand digger and shovels.... check them out..

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have am AT PRO and a ACE 350... I also want to buy an ETRAC now... :)
Preditor tools website has had issues ? I have even called them to plave an order...no answer... no call back? Be careful... I have heard of people giving their cc # to order and got no response. His brother is Walter Lesche of WWMFG.COM
that makes the best hand digger and shovels.... check them out..
If you do buy an E-Trac, check out this website Home - Sabisch Books I bought his book and it really helped. It's basically a glorified user's manual for the E-Trac. I read through it and took some of the knowledge from it. Then I started running it with no discrimination in two tone ferrous mode. After having good luck with it, I read through the book some more. He says that a lot of top skilled people run their machines in that mode. After using it I can see why. I'm looking forward to the day when I can actually get this machine mastered because I am addicted to it and metal detecting now.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be careful using the bigger diggers on public property if you have a good chance of being observed. They tend to get more notice (and complaints) with the lookie loo crowd.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread