Relic Hunting

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Girly haven't been on the Net for a while, when did you get the X-terra? Just coughed up the cha-ching for an E Trac myself a few weeks ago and am loving it. Found my oldest coin to date,1858 Flying Eagle. The Lift Coil tip is a good one and I've used it on all my machines. Problem is sometimes you just can't walk away wondering if your right and many times I go back and dig them anyway. Good Luck talk soon.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Hunter long time no see! I got my x-terra close to a year ago and am loving it. I've heard the E Trac is a great machine and I know a guy who goes full metal on that baby and has found great things at 20 inches or so.Now you need to learn how to do the Minelab wiggle( don't laugh,Google it!) Congrats on your Eagle!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I've been Wigglin in more ways than one...... even before I got into Metal Detectin. All kidding aside I guess it's just been natural for me to wiggle the coil to fine tune location. Googling it and reading about the retention of ferrite and The longer the flux from coil magnetizes the ferrite the better the soil signal is recognized and the same is true of the target. The wiggle or short sweeps over a target takes advantage of the properties of retention of the magnetism for the target and ferrite to better detect and id targets. This was all a little to scientific for me but I always wondered if it was just me actually better finding the target or something to do with how long your swinging that magnetic field around the target. What Ever.... It works that's all I know. And as far as running a very open discrimination pattern or wide open...Your not kidding I've found pennys deeper than I'd care to dig. Take Care Sweets Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread