Minelab Explorer SE Pro question

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the SE pro for about a mo. now....was wondering what your thoughts are on hunting in Iron mask sit at 18 to 20 and with the tones sit on Ferr.. for coins and jewelry...and listen for the high pitch sounds and then look at the curser to see if its in the upper 50% of the right corner and then dig that...but if its high pitch sound and the curser is on the bottom walk on by...I have tried that and it seams to work for me, and if the curser is in the middle I dig that to because that's where most gold rings full....some pull tabs still give that high pitch sound and some don't... some screw caps or bottle caps do the same thing. I just find it easier not to hear all those sounds....but I am not sure if sitting it up that way is good or not....So I am not digging as much trash but still not finding a lot of good targets either....could be the other 500 people that hunted that ground before me....I think I am going to get Andy Sabisch book on the Explorer and Etrac....

Last edited:

Scorpio72

Greenie
May 15, 2011
Nottingham, NH
Detector(s) used
MineLab Explorer SE Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swing the SE Pro, and have the Minelab Explorer emulator to learn the location and sounds (It definitely helped me out) I also collected a lot of different setup (programs) to see what works better for the type of hunting I do. Let me know if you would like to receive what I have collected and used so far. I'd be glad to help out a fellow SE user.
Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions