If you have an Excalibur II please take a look at my coil. Looks cracked?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like some sort of anomaly from the molding process and even if it had no effect on performance, I would want a new coil put on the machine. They should pay shipping both ways.

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it sure looks like a manufacturing defect. They will take care of it. I'm sorry that I didn't catch it before it left my shop - but I didn't think to look under the cover of a brand new machine... :sadsmiley:

OP
OP
B

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it sure looks like a manufacturing defect. They will take care of it. I'm sorry that I didn't catch it before it left my shop - but I didn't think to look under the cover of a brand new machine... :sadsmiley:

Keith, you have been nothing but helpful dealing with this. Thanks again. I just wish you worked at minelab, they seem hard to get a hold of. I emailed them like you said and included pics. I think it's just the resin but I will be diving with it so I wanna make sure it has no weak links.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith, you have been nothing but helpful dealing with this. Thanks again. I just wish you worked at minelab, they seem hard to get a hold of. I emailed them like you said and included pics. I think it's just the resin but I will be diving with it so I wanna make sure it has no weak links.

Keith is first class in every aspect! He's gone above and beyond to help me in several ways!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Keith, I just wish you worked at minelab, they seem hard to get a hold of.

Backstrap, Try calling Nadia at Minelab @ 1-630-401-8159 for any future problems. She had me send my GT to Barry at Kellyco(which is a certified Minelab Service Center) and I had it back in 2 days. GL

OP
OP
B

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Nadia info. They replied to an email I sent after several calls and messages I never got a call back. This is my second minelab unit I have a 705 also but after this minelab treatment I'm not very happy. They responded saying the obvious flaw isn't a problem but they might see something else in the picture that may be on the coil. I've heard good things about Garret's warranty. For the money these excals cost and the craftsman ship you receive I may be switching brands. Who wants an obviously flawed coil... Can someone please take a pic of their coil? I don't have another to compare to.

westwing357

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, ExcaliburII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Backstrap: Hello, sorry to hear about coil. Mine was the same way, I bought it back in 2011 I stopped to try it out on the way home. When I got home to clean it up I took the coil cover off and found the cracks. I took it back to where I got it and the owner who been selling detectors for over 30yrs had never seen it before. He gave me a new one and sent the bad one back to Minelab they replaced the machine. If you still can't get Nadia to help call John Watson 630-401-8163 at Minelab he's there Excalibur tech. They will take care of you. I also have a 705 form 2009, should get my CTX3030 from KellyCO tomorrow. Hope everything works out for you... Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions