May 6, 2014
west suburbs of chicago(lombard)
Detector(s) used
etrac nox600

garret pp
lesche diggers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my etrac this winter and have put in many hrs now and can figure out dimes penny nickles and even getting good at what type of pull tabs and nails when falsing but quarters are not registering as solid as everything else they come in at 46/47 but it is scratchy not a solid as the others hit is this normal or do you guys think I have setting wrong
Thanks

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to my Etrac, (30hrs in field).
Quarters show at 11, 12 or 13/46. Usually 12/46 under 8 inch depth. I've been using the A Sabisch coin program.
Good luck
Peace

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they sound the same in all metal as they do with a discrimination pattern?

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do they sound the same in all metal as they do with a discrimination pattern?

That would depend some on how your machine was programmed, on mine no.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was asking the OP. If he's running a discrimination pattern with rejected numbers close to what a quarter reads, it might cause a bad reading on a quarter.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my etrac this winter and have put in many hrs now and can figure out dimes penny nickles and even getting good at what type of pull tabs and nails when falsing but quarters are not registering as solid as everything else they come in at 46/47 but it is scratchy not a solid as the others hit is this normal or do you guys think I have setting wrong
Thanks

If you have to much discrimination especially around where they hit it can cause broken or scratchy signals on the Minelab E-Trac. The less discrimination you can use the better the good signals will hit.

Discrimination is the devil! ;)

metalheadhorror

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
Schuylkill County, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found 10 silver quarters in 4 months so far with my etrac and they all come in clear at 11-46 to 13-47. Sometimes the ferrous numbers jump up or down a little depending on depth or soil but the sound is unmistakable. I usually just discrim out ferrous 29 down to the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread