Sounds that might be EMI on my Explorer SE Pro..??

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the SE Pro for about 2 months now and over the last 2 to 3 weeks I have been getting, about 50% of the time, what I call flute sounds coming thou my headphones when I sit it down on the ground to dig targets, I do the ground and noses cancel before I start to hunt, and I only get these sounds when its laying on the ground and when I pick it up to start swing it, it becomes unstable for about 10 to 15 seconds,but goes away, if I life it up in the air for a bit it goes away, or I can push the pin point and back to detect it goes away and I am using the factory preset sen. 22.....EMI ? ground ?...coil ?... have tried two coils and it does the same with both...I was thinking pin pointer because I could hear it thou the headphones when I turned it on and off..minelab pro find...so I tried the whites trx and cant hear it thou the headphones..but still hear the flute sounds and machine being unstable when I pick it up off the ground about 50% of the time...any thoughts on what be happening...

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...I am running it on the auto sen. preset 22....so I should try it in the manual sen. and see what happens.. it doesn't do it all the time just know and then...Thanks

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...I am running it on the auto sen. preset 22....so I should try it in the manual sen. and see what happens.. it doesn't do it all the time just know and then...Thanks

Try it in man. sense to see if it remains just as stable or unstable, but also try it at a lower auto sense. 10-15 seconds is extremely long for it to adjust... are you sure you are not exaggerating that? Within 5 seconds or so the detector should be adjusted.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a common thing for these detectors to do this ? I will try the Manual sen. and also lower the auto sen. and see what happens...think you gentlemen.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today for a few hours and tried the SE Pro on the manual sen. and had no problems with the sounds it was making ...again thanks for the tips on the manual sensitivity...I didn't bother with lowering the auto sensitivity, but I,ll give that a try to...:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread