Upper Shaft On Minelab Safari

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
G

gman17

Me too !! I hope someone chimes in with a fix, I've tried just about everything, I hope I haven't worn it out. lol

OP
OP
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Me too !! I hope someone chimes in with a fix, I've tried just about everything, I hope I haven't worn it out. lol

That's funny. I thought the same. I told my wife today I thought I was wearing out my equipment.

OP
OP
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Okay. I found out the cam locks tend to where over time. It doesn't take them very long either on most upper end Minelabs such as the Etrac, Safari, etc. The little red tabs/pads in the cam locks can be replaced. I read where you carefully tap the little brass pin out, replace red tab and reassemble. Also read you can call Minelab USA and explain your dilemma and they will mail you some of the little red tabs free to tighten it back up.

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
The red rubber grip piece has a rectangular metal piece glued to it. Sometimes over time, the glue comes loose and the metal plate falls out. I just made a replacement plate and glued it back in. Made one slightly thicker and it grabs and holds even better than the new stock version.

Jeff

sturrat

Mar 30, 2012
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both my upper and lower shafts have this problem on my se pro. I wrapped tape around the shafts and inserted them into the cam locks. My foam handle wore out and I lost my rubber cover to battery housing. My detector has been used and abused but still finds the silver and gold in the shallow water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions