Upper Shaft On Minelab Safari
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Lifes A Garden...Dig IT
  • 1 Post By sturrat

Thread: Upper Shaft On Minelab Safari

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2010
    Kentucky
    Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
    146 times

Upper Shaft On Minelab Safari

Just recently have started having trouble with my upper shaft slipping out or from the brainbox? It's like the upper cam lock that locks the shaft into the brain box isn't holding tight enough anymore? Has anyone else had this problem and if so what causes it and how did you handle the problem? Thanks

gman17
    Me too !! I hope someone chimes in with a fix, I've tried just about everything, I hope I haven't worn it out. lol

us
    Dec 2010
    Kentucky
    Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gman17 View Post
    Me too !! I hope someone chimes in with a fix, I've tried just about everything, I hope I haven't worn it out. lol
    That's funny. I thought the same. I told my wife today I thought I was wearing out my equipment.

us
    Dec 2010
    Kentucky
    146 times
    Okay. I found out the cam locks tend to where over time. It doesn't take them very long either on most upper end Minelabs such as the Etrac, Safari, etc. The little red tabs/pads in the cam locks can be replaced. I read where you carefully tap the little brass pin out, replace red tab and reassemble. Also read you can call Minelab USA and explain your dilemma and they will mail you some of the little red tabs free to tighten it back up.

gman17
    Thx buddy

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    692 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifes A Garden...Dig IT View Post
    call Minelab USA and explain your dilemma and they will mail you some of the little red tabs free to tighten it back up.

Yep!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Aug 2006
    Suwanee, Georgia
    Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75 LTD
    95 times
    The red rubber grip piece has a rectangular metal piece glued to it. Sometimes over time, the glue comes loose and the metal plate falls out. I just made a replacement plate and glued it back in. Made one slightly thicker and it grabs and holds even better than the new stock version.

Jeff

us
    Mar 2012
    Muskegon
    Minelab Explorer
    153 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Both my upper and lower shafts have this problem on my se pro. I wrapped tape around the shafts and inserted them into the cam locks. My foam handle wore out and I lost my rubber cover to battery housing. My detector has been used and abused but still finds the silver and gold in the shallow water.

Sponsored Links