Put my CTX together wrong! I feel very humble and DUMB!!! I got the shaft!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
At least I have the lower shaft misaligned with the upper shaft. It's locked in and I can't get it out.

I was reading the manual when assembling, aligned the key stop with the only corner of the cam lock it would fit in, pushed it in about the length of the cam lock, and it wouldn't insert any further. Looked back at the manual and realized I was 90d off. The lower shaft will rotate about 1/8 turn back and forth, but won't insert further, and I can't pull it back out. I've been being pretty gentle in my search for a solution.

Called Minelab and tech support said to remove the control module assembly and manipulate from the other end. I asked if to remove the control module, would I be removing the screws, and he said no.

So, I've been looking at it and do not see any way to do that without removing the screws. But then, as I said, I'm being very gentle with my new toy.

But I'm also stumped.....

Any ideas out there?

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without seeing it, it would be tough to figure out the exact spot needed to turn it to get it loose. I know it sounds so simple, but with that cam on the end of the shaft, you just have to find the hollow spot which allows you to turn it.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks!!! I won't give up, and all advice I receive here is GREATLY appreciated... There MUST be a way. I'm not the only dumb butt out there.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attention Minelab! Looks like you need to make it more "Murphy Proof"! Or at least DeepSeeker proof! :laughing7:

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't want you to damage the rod's grommet but I had a similar situation with the stem seemingly locked in backwards ... I just gripped the stem and forced it to turn - slowly. It didn't want to, but it had no choice. That was all that was needed to get it loose.

Jackalope

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't want you to damage the rod's grommet but I had a similar situation with the stem seemingly locked in backwards ... I just gripped the stem and forced it to turn - slowly. It didn't want to, but it had no choice. That was all that was needed to get it loose. Jackalope

Thanks Jackalope, I'll give that a try in the morning!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its very tight tolerance. Be sure to wiggle it very slightly as you pull. It will come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread