Up Grade

OP
OP

2oldbones

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I took the Safari out for the first time today and am pleased to see that it is going to be a fun machine to use. My very first hit was on a wheat cent from 1912 and my second hit was on a rabies tag from 1985. The tag is from one of the dogs I had back then........lol After only 20 minutes of use I felt comfortable with what I was hearing from the machine.

GAGeonerd

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a safari about a month ago. I am very happy with it. Enjoy!
Mark

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Good deal. I bought mine about a year ago. They are good machines. I will give you some advice about the Safari. Just like with any machine actually. Most come with a larger stock coil for all around hunting. If you are going to ever be detecting in a public park, community ball park, fairgrounds, or even better an old home site from long ago. You will eventually want to get a smaller Double D style coil such as a 5" Excelerator coil. This will dramatically seperate bad targets from good targets, separate trash, enhance pinpointing and will cut down on fatigue. Grant it, at first you will feel like you have a hockey puck on the end of the shaft, but in a short time you will grow to love it. Have and are still having plenty of success with the Safari.:icon_thumleft: Enjoy!

Last edited:

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
â—Ź Minelab Manticore â—Ź Minelab CTX-3030 â—Ź Minelab Equinox 800 â—Ź Minelab Goldmaster 1000 â—Ź Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulation! Something about that 1985 rabies tag struck a chord with me...I remember a dog I had from that same time-frame and he was a good dog. Not often that a find brings back pleasant memories like that. If the dog was a good one, it might be cool to mount the tag with a pic of him in a cheap frame :)

I am nostalgic guy...my daughter is always teasing me about it lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread