Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Regardless of the terrain, be it sand or turf, my Excalibur will not chatter even when I turn up the sensitivity to 10. All else seems to work as far I can tell. I'm wondering however if I have a problem. I have a call in to Minelab and Kellyco but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else experienced this or have any thoughts on it?
Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of the terrain, be it sand or turf, my Excalibur will not chatter even when I turn up the sensitivity to 10. All else seems to work as far I can tell. I'm wondering however if I have a problem. I have a call in to Minelab and Kellyco but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else experienced this or have any thoughts on it?
Thanks
How does it perform? Let's get together this weekend and I will look at it and pick up that scoop...

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
How about in the saltwater.... every location is different and can give different results. I can run my just outside of auto 8am with no issues, until I hit the saltwater then I have to adjust as needed, Most of the time 10 am is fine unless I bump the coil... and this is the 10 inch coil, which does make a difference on how hot you can run the detector.

Your detector puts out a field the moment it is turned on... the field does not change at any time with any settings, all adjustments at the pod controls how much is feed to the electronics, it is analyzed by your settings then passed along to your ears.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OBN. What you say makes a lot of sense. Given the fact that you can turn yours up that high with no problems tells me I may be OK. I never tried to increase the sensitivity while I'm actually in saltwater. I normally leave it at 6. I'll try that next time. Thanks !!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. I have to keep mine at about 5 standing in my backyard with no overhead power lines or targets near the coil.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of the great things about the Minelabs, you can run them at max most of the time. :thumbsup:

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Thanks

Is it quiet inside your house? In your backyard? In AM mode? AM would be be very telling, in difficult conditions. Would be strange if it is quiet in these scenarios.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread