Etrac users coil question

NJdigger609

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the double D coil that comes with the machine. It has been very good so far. Easy to pinpoint and gets objects further down than my friends who use competitor machines. The coil seems to have good width and depth. The auto sensitivity setting for the machine allows it to self adjust in certain difficult soil conditions. I was considering a bigger coil for open fields etc....and have been looking at those as well. Current coil is the 11 inch coil.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using a 12" SEF coil. It seems to go pretty deep and it has good separation. I have a few coils that I haven't used that I've acquired. I also have a smalll Coil tech coil and the first time I took it out it immediately found a silver dime.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The stock coil is very good, but if the site I'm hunting isn't super trashy my go to coil is the Detech 13" Ultimate. In my experience the seperation ability of the 13 inch is just as good as with the stock 11 inch, but it goes just a bit deeper. I've also found that I can turn up the sensitivity higher than the stock coil and the machine remains stable. It is a tad heavier than the stock coil, but I don't really start to feel it until about the fourth hour of swinging. I have used it for almost a year now and have no complaints at all.

For really trashy sites, I have the Detech 6" DD Excelerator. I've found plenty of silver with it at decent depths too. It has such a small footprint though you won't be able to cover much ground with it. It's best used if you have a small area that you want to grid off and take your time slowly going over every inch.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two Coiltec coils....the 15" WOT and the 5X10 Joey. Both work excellent for their respective uses. The stock coil goes deeper than the Joey but not quite as deep as the WOT. The stock coil is the best for all around hunting. The WOT is best for large, relatively trash-free areas, the Joey for very trashy areas. Asking what is the least useful is like asking which is better, a tack hammer or a sledgehammer. It just depends on which tool you need to do the job at hand.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the double D coil that comes with the machine. It has been very good so far. Easy to pinpoint and gets objects further down than my friends who use competitor machines. The coil seems to have good width and depth. The auto sensitivity setting for the machine allows it to self adjust in certain difficult soil conditions. I was considering a bigger coil for open fields etc....and have been looking at those as well. Current coil is the 11 inch coil.

Agreed! Add the Coiltek 10x5 DD Treasureseeker coil | BigBoysHobbies and gain a ton of separation and very minimal depth loss. Coiltek make by far the best coils.

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have at least 3 coils...
*everyday coil with size about 10-12"
*for trashy areas - 5-8"
*for deep seeking on non-trashy areas - 15"-18"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions