Shallow only?

AceD3

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2014
Hi all,

First post. Absolute 100% novice here and purchased an Etrac last Monday as my first detector.

Still finding my feet and trying to make understanding of the FE/CO numbers as it seems pretty much anything under the ground can give several different readings.

Is there a way you can search only shallow objects?

I'm now asking my dealer to take back the Etrac as I want the CTX instead. Only had a few goes with the Etrac but having had a week to digest and read up, the CTX is more my machine especially as it's 100% waterproof.

Cheers all.
AceD3

OP
OP
A

AceD3

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2014
I've now changed to the CTX but would like to find someone out there who is familiar with it please?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FE/CO numbers are the same between those two models so you didn't change anything there. You can adjust the sensitivity way down so you don't detect deep targets, but, why would you want to do that? That's the whole point of getting a top of the line detector! If you only want surface targets, why not just get an Ace 150? Read the owners manual and Andy Sabisch's book about how it works and what settings to use for particular venues.

OP
OP
A

AceD3

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2014
The FE/CO numbers are the same between those two models so you didn't change anything there. You can adjust the sensitivity way down so you don't detect deep targets, but, why would you want to do that? That's the whole point of getting a top of the line detector! If you only want surface targets, why not just get an Ace 150? Read the owners manual and Andy Sabisch's book about how it works and what settings to use for particular venues.

Pleased to hear they do. I had a quick go in the garden. All sounds the same.

The reason I ask about shallow objects is because where I live it's all stone and flint. Such hard work digging through it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread