Andy Sabischs Minelab E-Trac book???

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT is lightyears ahead of the factory user manual.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not really.

Unless you can't set your VCR clock time you don't need it. If you need help, just ask on the forum and/or read past posts. Then just go outside and try it.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good book, mainly if you are new to the Etrac. I have extensive experience on the CTX, so a lot of it was the same as I had learned from experience. It also talks about the explorer and to a certain extent, you have to read between the lines if you are using an Etrac or vice-versa.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good book far exceeds the manual....

OP
OP
monkeys uncle

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wanted to let ya'll know...I didn't receive an e-mail confirmation when I ordered Andy's book. Called the number provided when placing my order and left a msg. LO and BEHOLD, Andy himself called me this AM to confirm shipment of his book...and apologized for not answering the orig. call, explaining he was on the road, setting up a test for someone. I missed 'where' he was but it was raining and 40 degrees. He also is going to send me a download pgm that will increase the E-Trac's depth for coins beyond factory settings.

YES...I was overwhelmed by the personal call and attention!!!

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the best thing you'd buy after the Minelab Metal Detector!
Really very useful.

DaleM

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the book.it does help a lot,
But I don't like that it's also for the Explorer, you have to flip back and forth to see
what was written on the explorer in order to know what's up with the etrac.
There is a ton of info on those 188 pages but half is about a detector that I don't
a have. Should have been 2 books.
My 2 cents
Dale M

jtermz

May 6, 2014
west suburbs of chicago(lombard)
Detector(s) used
etrac nox600

garret pp
lesche diggers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the book.it does help a lot,
But I don't like that it's also for the Explorer, you have to flip back and forth to see
what was written on the explorer in order to know what's up with the etrac.
There is a ton of info on those 188 pages but half is about a detector that I don't
My 2 cents
Dale M
I agree the info is great but I gave up because of all the cross references

OP
OP
monkeys uncle

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other

^True that. Gets tiring flipping back and forth to make sure info is relative to your machine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go through and highlight pages that are related to your detector.

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a little confused with the back and forth from Explorer to E-trac...but a lot of good information on the menu and what all the settings are for..i did try some of the programs that were in the book but in the end I did a combination of two programs changing the discrimination some and use the TTF a lot know.....every time I pick it up and go back over it...it always makes more since..

Machinist

Dec 19, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X1 Probe, 11" DD coil, & 10x5" SEF coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is worth every penny. I found it a great reference to make better sense out of the user manual and were YouTube videos fell short of giving a complete explanation of settings. I like the Target Description charts that tells the FE-CO #s of different targets. Just starting out it really helped me to identify targets and make custom discrimination patterns.

Would anyone know if there is any online references to the coin shooting prg that Monkey's Uncle refers to above???

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Andy's book was great, and fully introduced me to the beast within the beast. Gives you a very good understanding about the "psychology" of using the E-Trac.

However, I agree with everyone above and will say there should have been two books.

Added via edit:

Perhaps there should be another edition strictly for the E-Trac = Even though I have the book right beside me, but perhaps I would understand more about using the machine, if the subject was continuous without "interruption".

Last edited:

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i downloaded the program (which works great) i just searched for it and found several links. Look for andy s coin program.

Machinist

Dec 19, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X1 Probe, 11" DD coil, & 10x5" SEF coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second this question!

I was referencing the book after I asked that and Andy mentions there is a site were users can upload and download patterns and settings. I believe, from the way it read, that it is on the Minelab site. I bought mine used and have not referenced the site besides when I was trying to decide which brand I wanted to buy. I plan to look it over later. If no one has responded I will post if I find anything.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a MUST have for a new ETrac user!
The information contained would take years of infield use to realize.
If only the A.Sabisch manual was included with every ETrac purchase. DVD, even better.
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread