Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Want to sell it?

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I hear your pain. I own a whites v3i and a excel and CTX i will saybi like my excel at the beach s a great detector. But my first season I had the shift lock fail and had to replace one of my dials. I baby the excel to death. Wash it down with fresh water every time I hit the beach. The v3i is as tough as it comes. Has been a great and dependable detector. Like I said I like my mine labs but I will never get rid of my Whites. The workmanship on the whites is leaps and bounds above mine lab. But the are places and hunts I can't bring my white to due the non water proof issue. Good luck whatever u decide to do.

i

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cable from control to coil disintegrated ,fell right off ,cost would have been over $250 =$300. And the off switch failed to stop at off position. I'll never buy another minelab ever OH by the way my Whites Surf pi which is older never had any problems. Been using metal detectors for over 35 yrs
If it's out of warranty, now's a good time to install some upgraded headphones, a pin point switch, and a 15" WOT coil! It's hard to beat that combo for the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread