SE vs SE Pro

soonerdan25

Jun 17, 2008
Siloam Springs Ar
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a GTI 2500 and recently started using an AT Gold that I really like alot but my buddy is using the Explorer SE Pro and he is starting to figure that thing out and I can tell its a killer machine I have a chance to buy a used Explorer SE just wondering what the difference is between the SE and SE Pro?

Thanks

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True it is just the coil, but you don't really want to be using the slimline from the first SE. If it's a good deal maybe, but buy under the premiss you will likely have to upgrade your coil unless there is something different on it.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True it is just the coil, but you don't really want to be using the slimline from the first SE. If it's a good deal maybe, but buy under the premiss you will likely have to upgrade your coil unless there is something different on it.
Absolutely! The 10" Slimline is embarrassing.
Now if it comes with a black Explorer 8" coil (later replaced by the inferior FBS-800), as long as the coil is good it's a great one to have.

OP
OP
soonerdan25

soonerdan25

Jun 17, 2008
Siloam Springs Ar
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone comes with Sun ray pin pointer and extra sun ray coil with lower shaft
00D0D_5cVdqnieelN_600x450.jpg

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That big coil is the PRO coil, so that part is the same as an SE PRO. With the extras it's worth somewhere around the $900-1000 range.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sun ray probe is worths its weight in GOLD!! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread