Another reason to buy Minelab

doitdaily

Nov 13, 2014
Pasadena Ca.
Detector(s) used
Explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Customer service at Minelabs repair shop... Hooda thunk?
Ladies and gentlemen, If you have ever needed to send your Minelab in for repairs then you too have read the horror stories about the customer service, slow turn around time, over inflated prices and to top it off the workmanship being less than adequate. Well my friends I stand before you a new man... a believer that the universe can bend like a ray of light and here's why.
I recently found myself captivated by the thrill of searching out coins and jewelry at my local parks and disc golf course. So much so my first machine was to be a Minelab explorer se pro. A little pricey for someone not so sure about his new hobby or how long the thrill would last, but a great deal on e-bay and few hundred on accessories later and hot dxmn i'm ready to put my harbor freight $40 dollar wonder to rest. My first day out had finally arrived- I got up early on that Saturday morning, battery fully charged, gloves, sunglasses, finds bag, head phones and my digging tool... a 12" survival knife with serrated spine... POOF!!! I'm out the door- I was bursting with anticipation- I even got there before my fellow disc golfers so I could search the tee's first and find all the stuff that falls out of those hip california shorts we wear. "Hell ya!" I thought as I walked into the tree's- "I've read the books, familiarized myself with the machine and now all that's left is to get some field time under my belt." Everything was perfect- the weather, my attitude and the machine. I powered up, scanned about 7 feet and "CHIRPPPP" I new it! my first quarter by the ferr. and cond. on the screen and supported by my smartfind option... I knelt down, set the se pro to the side, whipped out my survival knife with confidence and dug a 26 year old quarter out of the ground. "This is awesome" I thought "wonder what's next" I stood up AND THEN IT HAPPENED!!! I realized I hit the screen with the knife as I unsheathed it... Destroyed, unreadable I was forced to search by sound as if I was using the harbor freight again. SHATTERED I went home and explained my story via e-mail to Minelab's customer service. John quickly responded with a phone call... sympathetically he told me to send the serial # and other info. I did and to my surprise he told me my machine was still under warranty and send it in, no charge. DID YOU HEAR ME? HE'S NOT GOING TO CHARGE ME... So I sent the armrest and the computer in... "How long is this going to take?" I'll tell you! 24 hours after receiving it I got an e-mail that it was fixed and being sent out next day. It took a total of 7 days and It works perfectly. They even put a new foam grip on my armrest at no cost...Thanx for reading and THANK YOU MINELAB!!!

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now That;s "Top Notch" Service!! Welcome to the minelab world and get
ready for some "Great Finds"

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch! Bet you felt terrible when you busted the screen! Glad Minelab helped you out! Very cool of them! They do amazing things!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab has taken extrordinary effort to change the perception of their customer service.... based on your testimony I'd say they have succeeded. :)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am glad to see Minelab is doing good with there service now.. For they make some of the best detectors out there...

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sent in a machine to get a new faceplate and I didn't have any problems with them answering emails or taking care of me. A few times I have emailed them for serial number information on their machines and they will answer me in less than two hours. In my experience, I have not witnessed any horror stories like what people have written about.

Garrett is also good to deal with.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to hear about your great experience, Good to know now that I rfecently bought a Minelab Xterra 705.
I had a particularly great experience with my Teknetics Omega 8000 recently, so I guess a rising tide raises all ships!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have always received expert service from Nadia at Minelab Inc as well as Barry and the gang at Kellyco...

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barry at Kellyco's ML repair shop just fixed my old Sov XS (hidden corrosion). He knew where to look and took care of it... A for reasonable cost as well. They fixed it when ML wouldn't.

Thanks Barry!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both Dave and Barry are great, Kellyco repair center is A+

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Battery go down seemed only half of it was working. Sent a EMAIL and all they did was ask for my address and 3 days later I had a new battery. I can't complain.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm glad to hear the Minelab company has improved their customer support. The real or imagined poor support has made me reluctant to purchase the E-trac or CTX 3030. I have in the past had wonderful experiences with Garrett and White's customer service. The Minelab improvement in support will lead me to purchase their product.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a Minelab addict...but let me just make a sarcastic joke: "Hopefully their repair service is great, it's part of their product usage :laughing7:"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread