E-trac to the CTX 3030

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Machinist

Dec 19, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X1 Probe, 11" DD coil, & 10x5" SEF coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got a great deal, congratulations and look forward to seeing posts of reviews on it!! :icon_thumright:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easier to run than the Etrac and more bells and whistles.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem with the CTX is at some point you decide to try something else you will not find anything to replace it.

It won't find coins that aren't there but it will find those that are.

Enjoy

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the detector. Becareful on used unless you know the seller. Lots of people will sell their problem children detectors off to new users and they never even know.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! My dream detector...maybe one day.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the new detector, keep us posted!

I am thinking of purchasing an e-trac or CTX-3030; still researching!

Regards,

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the 3030 out using it for about 10 days...took me 2 days of just playing with the menu and programs.... what I am finding know is the preset programs and custom programs are making it a little hard to decide on what one to run...so I am finding myself going from program to program to see what works for me, added some custom programs and I know I need to find one and stick with it to learn the sounds and what its telling me. Went out today and ran about 4 programs before I found one that worked pretty good for where I was at, went home and changed some of the disc. on that pattern...see how that will work in the morning....what is it about human nature that you always missing something..!!

Jasonlwirt

Sep 15, 2014
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Ace 150, garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought my At pro back in October from Bart at Big boy Hobbies, thanks again Bart..love it. My next upgrade will be the 3030.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the 3030 out using it for about 10 days...took me 2 days of just playing with the menu and programs.... what I am finding know is the preset programs and custom programs are making it a little hard to decide on what one to run...so I am finding myself going from program to program to see what works for me, added some custom programs and I know I need to find one and stick with it to learn the sounds and what its telling me. Went out today and ran about 4 programs before I found one that worked pretty good for where I was at, went home and changed some of the disc. on that pattern...see how that will work in the morning....what is it about human nature that you always missing something..!!

Ill tell you what, there is only one program you have to run.. Its the Gone hunting for history..Only problem is, Bart toke it off of YouTube so he can make money on it..
Its a awsome program, If you want it i have it and can give it to you...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ill tell you what, there is only one program you have to run.. Its the Gone hunting for history..Only problem is, Bart toke it off of YouTube so he can make money on it..
Its a awsome program, If you want it i have it and can give it to you...

Hi Vino!

Unfortunately we had to make it available to only our customers because other dealers were selling the CTX 3030 and sending their customers to us to set it up for them. It was getting so bad we were spending a good part of our day doing this while taking away from the time we like to spend with our customers helping them. As you can imagine we want to take care of our customers first so this was not fair to them. All our customers still get the program and all the help they want.

We offer lifetime support for all the machines we sell offering setup tips and questions.

Last edited:

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just in the last week I have sent that program to 8 people that have asked.. They have never bought a thing from either Bart or I... Like Bart said I took it down because I caught two dealers selling the CTX with links to get my settings.. What they should have done was learned how to use the product they were selling and I spend more time answering other's customers than ours.. But I'm still in it to help.. .so I can provide contacts of the individuals that I have helped/sent the settings and have not asked for anything in return if you want..

Last edited:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just in the last week I have sent that program to 8 people that have asked.. They have never bought a thing from either Bart or I... Like Bart said I took it down because I caught two dealers selling the CTX with links to get my settings.. What they should have done was learned how to use the product they were selling and I spend more time answering other's customers than ours.. But I'm still in it to help.. .so I can provide contacts of the individuals that I have helped/sent the settings and have not asked for anything in return if you want..

Hey Evan..
No disrespect to you..I am quite aware you are a great guy..But come on you put that out for everyone. .And you even taken the time to sit down and walk people through it on YouTube. .
And now Bart has made it private ??
If other dealers are sending there customers to youtube whats the big deal?
Isn't that way you made that video in the first place? I know if it wasn't for that program i would of sold the CTX long ago.Thank you for that..
George

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Vino!

Unfortunately we had to make it available to only our customers because other dealers were selling the CTX 3030 and sending their customers to us to set it up for them. It was getting so bad we were spending a good part of our day doing this while taking away from the time we like to spend with our customers helping them. As you can imagine we want to take care of our customers first so this was not fair to them. All our customers still get the program and all the help they want.

We offer lifetime support for all the machines we sell offering setup tips and questions.

Hi,
What is this program? I just purchase a CTX. Can you send me the info on it?
Thanks
Jon

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Glad the program helped you so much! The CTX is a BEAST in that mode.

That is just it, they weren't sending them to youtube. They were telling them to call us and have them help them install it and learn the settings. Not fair for our customers to have to wait while we help other dealers customers.

I am sure you can understand how important our customers are to us and that they come first.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
What is this program? I just purchase a CTX. Can you send me the info on it?
Thanks
Jon

Yes Sir! Your our customer and we appreciate you! Info sent to your email. ;)

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Evan..
No disrespect to you..I am quite aware you are a great guy..But come on you put that out for everyone. .And you even taken the time to sit down and walk people through it on YouTube. .
And now Bart has made it private ??
Isn't that way you made that video in the first place? I know if it wasn't for that program i would of sold the CTX long ago.Thank you for that..
George
First of it wasn't Bart that made it private... I did..
It wasn't only that.. They were selling the machine with the gonehunting's settings as if I was endorsing it. One even sold the machine with all my programs saying that they didn't need to go anywhere else as they have the best settings.. Lol I was kinda shocked they would use my name to sell thier machines.. I don't have a problem helping people but I'll be dang if I'm going to walk their customers through set up just because they don't know the machine... Or they are making it a point of sale on something I gave away.. When we do that with every sale or non sale anyway. They could have called it something else.. But they were using my name.. Just got under my skin..

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my e-trac from Evan at Big Boy Hobbys. And bought a used CTX 3030 and Evan was kind enough to give me his gone hunting program and has helped me out a few times....Thanks Evan....Jerry

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions