looking for a used Coiltek 3030 5x10

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might be hard to find a used one because they are still really new. IMO, the 6" round coils seem to go a little bit deeper than the elliptical, but the coverage per each swing is very lacking. I can get only about 6-7 inches with a good reading with it. For some strange reason I've had some record nickel finding days using the Coiltech. About every time I use mine I find a nickel.

OP
OP
AIRFORCEMIKE

AIRFORCEMIKE

Jan 31, 2012
Kenosha Wi
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO, Minelab 705, Garrett AT PRO, Predator Model 31, Lesche, Garrett PP, Camo Killer B's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank u sir, I did have the 6 and looked it but sold in hopes to find a coiltek. I jest wanted better coverage and many people prefer it over the 6 but man its pricey

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kind of a toss up for me which one I prefer- 6" round or the elliptical. If I had to choose, I would probably have the 6" and use it only when I wasn't going to swing it much. They really need to have an 8" round coil.

Oh, another thing I found with the elliptical is that it seems you can get closer to large metallic objects (side of houses) without interference. Seems like it allows this even better than the 6" coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread