cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You haven't FOUND anything deeper than 4" or it won't DETECT anything deeper than 4"? Start with an air test to see if the detector is working correctly. If you have another coil, try it to see if you get the same results. If you detect with a buddy, compare readings with their detector out in the field.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FYI, FBS machines do NOT air test well. They need a target buried for minimum 1 year.

OP
OP
leenie

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
mr cuda I have a xs also they both air test about 6 inches maybe I am not hearing the deeper stuff. I go places with a lot of nails and junk that doesn't help. I was thinking of going to a xp deus. thank you for your reply. dave

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
excal 11 , explorer se, garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deus would compliment it extremely well In the higher trash . I have an explorer se and just got a deus about a month ago.
I went over an area with the se with heavy iron and just mulled a lot then went back with the deus and found a bunch of coins. Nothing to deep but didn't need it to be either.
I'm still keeping the explorer cause I have a bunch of different coils and such . My opinion is the two machines will compliment each other instead of saying one is better than the other.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If both your machines give you the same results, I'd say either you have a settings mismatch, or there is nothing deep to find.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for a while I haven't had anything deeper than about 4 inches coin wise. what could be happening?

Leenie, first off your statement brings up the question, are you hitting trash/iron/junk targets deeper then 4"?

If you are, then perhaps its not your detector but perhaps the disc pattern you are using.

What disc pattern are you using?

Try all metal (clear screen) punch in deep, and put the sound in const, (one tone for any metal under your coil) then dig everything(but detect very slowly, this is to see if you are hitting deep targets 6"+). See if you pop up some good targets.

The key here is to find out IF, you are hitting targets deeper then 4" junk or not, because if you can hit junk deeper then 4" you should be able to hit anything, including coins at the same or greater depths, if there are any present. You could be just unlucky and hunting barren ground filled with junk.

Try this and let me know.

OP
OP
leenie

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
thanks everyone for the replies. I cleaned the coil cover and it is air testing 8 or 9 inches now. you know when you take your car in and don't know what's wrong with it. with me it's the loose nut behind the wheel. It's a little cold to dig here now but I will try your suggestions mr sleeper in the spring thank you. the way the banner is going it looks like 2015 is going to be a great year. this site has so many great people and is a lot of fun to see what other people find. bless you all. dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread