Waterproof PI?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Sand Shark PI is waterproof to 200-feet, and is a saltwater and wet saltwater sand monster for $600.00 and lifetime warranty for the original owner.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree but your not using a stock Excal. I cannot see a stock vlf machine get anywhere near the depth of a pulse.
The only real change in mine is the WOT coil. I've compared it to other machines at the beach and I haven't found another that will go deeper. I haven't tried every machine made but have used most of the common ones for comparison. We use a real life test. One person will find a deep signal and the others will use their machine to see if they can also hear it strong/good enough to where you would dig it. So far, we haven't found a signal found by another machine that wouldn't have been found by my Excalibur.....even in the black sand. I'd like to compare it to the GPX5000 and the ATX. They might go deeper....but at their respective prices, they should! :laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See that I don't get? Doesn't all metal=no discrimination? Therefore still digging deep iron? I mean one would still have to remove 3-4 scoops before switching to disc, at that point I would just keep going. Am I missing something? Cause I would rather get an Excal, send it to OBN, and have an awesome detector if in fact it goes as deep as a pulse with disc at depth.
I hunt in pin point, which is all metal. If I get a signal, I switch to discrimination. If I get a sound, I dig it. It goes completely null, I don't. If I get no signal at all, it's deep and I dig it. You'll still dig deep iron on occasion but it eliminates a lot of the shallower trash. With multiple frequencies, it's not your typical VLF.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like cuda I also hunt with excal in all metal mode using a 15" coil, I get signals that discrimination mode does not see yet. I may have to remove several scoops of sand before it sees it in discrimination mode which then tells if I should keep digging or leave it as iron...

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
when you use Disc on the Excal, even at Level 1, you should swing very slooowwwwwlllllyyyyy "speed of a snail".

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I use the Garrett Infinium L/S for all of my water and some of my relic hunting. I have used it on the dry and transition sand with favorable results. Many of my friends use the ML xcal II for the same beach hunting style they seem to do very well also.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread