Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Might be a keeper there....hope the coil don't float...

DDancer......Got a little thread down in the gold forum if your interested
smiley.gif
Anyrate looks that Miners Den is taking reservations now and has a few more close up pics. As to the tech if the patent I read is any indicator its not about frequency shifting so much as a new technique on ground canceling. The coil itself appears to be 3 coils in one with two transmitters and one receiver. Going to be pricy whatever the result but that's minelab for ya

Kind of funny I'm working on the same thing for the Excalibur... 2 senders n 1 receiver

Last edited:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an interesting idea though I'm not familiar with the Excalibur. From what I've read~ if it is true~ the idea is a good bit different with the GPZ. The secondary transmitter is what I'll call reverse phased to the primary. Its a nullification technique from what I can gather with a lot of digital processing. Again if correct in my thoughts and the literature, the receiver is unencumbered by the two transmitters~ this is unlike current PI tech that has both circuits on the same coil.
The GPZ appears to be unique in its operation.

What your looking at, from my short read, has been done.... the use of independent transmitters to light up targets and a receiver. Though you are using your main machine as a full unit. The chatter issue is something you can probably fix by simply making the main unit receive only or by altering the frequency/timing of the separate unit. From what I've read of similar projects it can work surprisingly well.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to take back how the coil is structured :) I'm happy enough to be wrong on that but the basic operation was correct.

If Bedford does not have it Miners Den released a video :) Check it out.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you again :) Another update and a user manual. JP makes some great observations and I consider that article a better comparison than the video ML released. I just hope all the gold isn't gone by the time I get there... but then people will probably be to busy digging for china *and me along with them*. By all that's holy I hope they fill their holes!

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are welcome. :) We all know that JP is an excellent source for anything Minelab and gold detecting related. His reviews along with that of Steve Herschbach are valuable and honest. I always enjoy reading the posts from both of them across the various forums.

Mine arrived today... but the ground is too frozen to do much with it! :BangHead:

Last edited:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine today :) But because I didn't know when it would ship I had it sent to my safe address as I'll be leaving AZ shortly for business. Hehh, unlike cold my problem is distance. My bad, I've a spot here I would have jumped on, but that's how it goes.

Steve posted a link on his views : My Take on the GPZ 7000 | by Steve Herschbach for Treasure Talk

Its another good read. Now for coils.... hehh. Happy.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like i said in another post i live in Ohio …BUT if i lived in Gold Country i sure would buy one right now..

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine today :) But because I didn't know when it would ship I had it sent to my safe address as I'll be leaving AZ shortly for business. Hehh, unlike cold my problem is distance. My bad, I've a spot here I would have jumped on, but that's how it goes.

Steve posted a link on his views : My Take on the GPZ 7000 | by Steve Herschbach for Treasure Talk

Its another good read. Now for coils.... hehh. Happy.

Will be interested to hear your take on it once you see and use it! :)

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do I see one being used for relic hunting in the very near future?

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yessir.... there's one setting here! Just waiting for thawed ground. :BangHead:

IMG_7980 lo res.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, at $9999 US, does that mean $14,000 for the poor Aussies?

Mike

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theirs are $10,700 in Australian Dollars..... ???

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have to get one on the cheap you'll have to go to Australia but even with the exchange rates, plus international transfer fee's and air travel *or shipping if you can get it done* you'll still pay the same or more. My buddy is looking to secure one and pick it up in Oz when he gets down there. It will save him some money and he wont have to transport it, there by saving weight and bag fees. All depends on how you look at it. Should it work out for him he'll be going strait to the gold fields to pay it off and then some. Got big dreams of big nuggets he does :)

Look around and you might find a deal here. If your a GPAA member and talk to the right seller you may get 5% off. Otherwise its pay the piper or wait till someone flogs one. I expect in a year or so the 7000 will be about 7000 on ebay or some such.
Just like a new car once its off the lot the resale drops by 20%. And there is always someone who gets disgruntled because they didn't like the ride.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that's the "one" I was predicting, but after looking at all the people buying these I'm thinking more like 20-30 will be there!

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I predict there will be AT LEAST one at the next DIV.

I know of at least three - all dealers at this point as we see what it will do in the Culpeper soils. I doubt there will be more but you never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread