cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have minelab explorer xs. After going to some of menus I getting something like in the picture I attached. Pls help.
View image: DSC03956

Old thread....reset to factory default. Hold power button for 3-4 seconds while turning it on,musical ditty will play,all settings will be back to factory preset. You have somehow inadvertently hacked into the programming....or it could be a catastrophic failure of some kind of which it cannot ever recover. Try the reset first,if you haven't gotten it fixed in the last year...

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
My xs because it has found literally hundreds of silver coin in parks that the local dealer of another brand told me he and his buddies have hunted out. I never feel outgunned with my xs. Just picked up a ex11 for $275 and can't picture a better deal. That's to me a detector that is at or near as good as it gets for entry level pricing.

Do you think both get the same depth? I have compared the two myself, the XS is slower but that may not be a bad thing. ???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something to keep in mind when considering buying, Minelab only supports the XS Pro now, the others are no longer supported. Some parts from XS Pro will repair some problems on the XS but there are few parts available for the others..

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think both get the same depth? I have compared the two myself, the XS is slower but that may not be a bad thing. ???

I think the xs sounds and ids a little better but not by much. It's probably just me. The ex11 I just bought looks like it was used very little and if I get a few years the $275 was better spent than on a new entry level detector. I guess they break but I'm fairly rough on them and have had no problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread