Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I high disc mode on the Etrac and really even on fast recovery machines, in heavy iron is a bad idea unless you want to miss a lot of good targets. With TTF or a mostly open screen and any number of tones you will be able to hear the iron and the tone breaks of mid to high conductors amongst the iron. Using two tones you will be constantly having to watch the screen because you have an iron grunt and everything else is a higher tone. I never really enjoyed TTF as much as just using less disc and mult tones.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello.
Been searching an iron infested site with the Mighty ETrac. A modified A.Sabisch coin program w high discrimination has been used thus far.
What benefits can I expect from switching to TTF, if any?
Thanks
Peace
That's what TTF was designed for. Give it a try. If you have a small coil, use it. Swing the coil REAL slow and dig any high tones that look even halfway good on the screen. Oh, and I also use an open screen doing this.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both.
I indeed have an 8"x5" coil I should probably be using.
Also, I'm doing my best to be less dependent on screen. It's tuff.
Peace ✌

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking the screen using 2 tone on any machine is pretty much a necessity, not necessarily a bad thing. Listen for the highs then study target from different angles with tight sweeps and listen for those "round" signals. We all still some questionable targets that turn out to be iron, but due to shape, depth, etc will still give a good sounding response.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both.
I indeed have an 8"x5" coil I should probably be using.
Also, I'm doing my best to be less dependent on screen. It's tuff.
Peace ✌
i agree with Fletch, you need to look at the screen in TTF. All the "good" high sounds seem the same unless you do. At a sandy beach location, I just go ahead and scoop the thing, but in a park, I'd spend a bit more time trying to I.D. it before deciding to cut a plug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread