Yikes... 10 grand... ouch....
Now if I were in gold country... heh

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yikes... 10 grand... ouch....
Now if I were in gold country... heh

Is this actually the MSRP on this machine. Ouch is right.

After reading this brochure, I am wondering where the SDC 2300 falls into all of this. It looks as if in the comparisons, the GPZ 7000 is a machine meant to take the attention away from the SDC. If the price is 3 times the SDC, perhaps it is meant to be a much higher end machine for serious users.

I was also surprised with the look of the CTX and the price, the entire machine should have been waterproof. It would definitely increase its versatility and ruggedness, nothing else if if was dropped in the water.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find a few nuggets the size that first guy is holding, it will pay for itself in no time! I didn't see any price advertised in that brochure. Where have you seen it?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a something somewhere reading about it... not sure now.

Last edited:

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Humm interesting, think I can see where the future is heading now.

ZVT technology

But what I find interesting is the coil, Super D, three windings in it, one trans and two receive, versus two windings on current DD models.

I wonder how much of that added detection range they show is due to the new design coil.

It will be interesting to see how this filters down into the other models from Minelab sooner or later.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What they didn't advertise for that 9k, once target is located, push of a button and small arm pops out of coil top, digs and retrieves target for you.:thumbsup:

Sounds like a great deal to me.:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread