New Minelab GPZ 7000 $$$$$$$$

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The price is now released.... $9999.00. The MSRP is $12499.00 which is of course the price no one pays.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes that is just plain crazy .. You have better be making your living detecting to buy one …. I can buy some new small compact car for that price .

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah guys, its certainly price levels we haven't seen before.... but the hardcore gold guys are jumping on them, because of the promise of performance which will take them to another level. It will be interesting to see what happens when this new technology is put in the hands of an experienced prospector.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No just no..in what world os $12k spent on a detector? I see ppl in our club spending 2.5-5k on machines and im able to keep up with them. Good machine and the right coil and being in the right place at the right time..that's what's needed. If I see anyone in my club with one of these I am going to v8 smack them

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea when I saw GPZ 7000----------figured it would be around $7000. Cool coil design having transmit in center and 2 receive coils on either side; are there any other coils that are similar to this? like to have one for my x-Terra!! LOL!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No just no..in what world os $12k spent on a detector? I see ppl in our club spending 2.5-5k on machines and im able to keep up with them. Good machine and the right coil and being in the right place at the right time..that's what's needed. If I see anyone in my club with one of these I am going to v8 smack them
You are right there i can find the same things with my detectors that cost under $800.00 that ones find with there high priced detectors

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess the GPS features truly add a few grand to the detector price, lol.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the GPS features truly add a few grand to the detector price, lol.

Umm I know of a much cheaper way to know where I am and where I've been...looking around usually does it..if you need technology buy a Garmin for a $100.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a video on the 7000, minelab was doing some testing with it, it was picking up small gold nuggets, about the size of your thumb nail at about 3 feet...it was crazy the depth it was getting..

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At those prices I will just use a sharpie and write GPZ 7000 on the side of my CTX 3030 and be happy with it.

I Am Weasel

Apr 6, 2013
Travelling along the Information Highway..getting
Detector(s) used
Primary: Minelab CTX3030 with stock 11" DD Coil plus 6" DD Coil & 17" Elliptical DD Coil

Backup: Fisher F5 with stock coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a video on the 7000, minelab was doing some testing with it, it was picking up small gold nuggets, about the size of your thumb nail at about 3 feet...it was crazy the depth it was getting..

Ya..I saw that video too, where they have this huge pit that some guy is sitting in, holding some small gold in a side pit from the huge pit, and the guy with the GPZ7000 is at the edge of the huge pit to detect the item in the side pit. Is that a legitimate 3ft dirt test, or a 3ft AIR test???

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANYONE who says that their $800 (any brand) detector can search anywhere and find anything a GPX5000 can is either hallucinating or knows absolutely nothing about metal detectors.

Anybody HONESTLY think that if ANY $800 detector could keep up with a $5000 GPX, that ALL the pro nugget hunters would be buying the $5000 over this mysterious $800 dream machine? $800 won't even buy you a new PI Detector. Good luck with that.

Mike

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is $10,000 too much for a well engineered, quality made
piece of electronic instrumentation?

Not in the least.

Yes, by consumer standards that is a lot of money, but in
the world of high-tech electronic instruments it is closer
to the low-end of the scale.

Designing and engineering a metal detector such as the GPZ 7000
is an expensive process. A top-of-the-line, fully functional unit is
not something that happens quickly, not to mention the testing
and certification costs that go along with it.

For instance, a small probe I used to sell (I represented the
manufacturer) is small enough to fit into the palm of your hand.
It sold for over $9,000, and was a very popular product. Why?
It covered the frequency ranges that were most critical, and was
extremely accurate.

Is the Z-7000 too expensive for me? Yep, but that doesn't make it
too expensive for what it is, and what it can do.

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to agree with you dizzy! Its not a machine that you would have components made in china. I'm sure its built to specific tolerances and the best parts available. Most likely a lot of gold pins on the circuit boards and likewise components! but it is a machine to be used for the purpose intended! I would like to see a fiber optic produced model, now that would be a real-time responsive piece of machinery.

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought it would be around $7000 also. It is a shock they want $10,000 for it. Minelab is the best but they are getting too greedy. I'm a Minelab user and supporter but I hope this greedy move bites them in the a_ _! Lol. It will serve them right. My x-terra 705 with the 15" wop high frq can hit on a nugget just shy of 2 Oz's at just over two feet deep on max sensitivity and at sensitivity of 20-22 at the 22" - 24" range. Minelabe is out of control. Just saying!

JunGun

Dec 25, 2012
On your GOLD patches! =)
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here is what I think of those greedy Minelab guys!
:laughing7:
20150228_142817.jpg

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like this is not a machine that is marketed to us, the hobby detectorists. More of a fulltime goldbugger pro tool.
I get the impression that pro gold finders don't do the internet very much. But I am hopeful that we have a few here that will get the GPZ and tell us what they think of it- especially compared to other pro machines.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like this is not a machine that is marketed to us, the hobby detectorists. More of a fulltime goldbugger pro tool.
I get the impression that pro gold finders don't do the internet very much. But I am hopeful that we have a few here that will get the GPZ and tell us what they think of it- especially compared to other pro machines.
I would say you are right on there it is for pro gold prospectors and i do not think that most pro gold prospectors are not on any treasure forums ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread