Minelabs new GO FIND 20,40 and 60 Metal Detectors

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly wouldnt own a ctx if I thought the Minelab brand was junk...

Last edited:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I"M sure Minelab respects your opinon to be objective, and wishes you well in your detector choices. After all variety is what makes the world turn, not negativety.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the 60 model, plan to use it in the Nevada desert nugget hunting. Price is right, water proof up to 2 ft, and has new updated technology integrated into its brain. I like the fact the coil is hard wired, but I will never use the bluetooth smart phone sync. Even though minelab is slanting sales of the detector toward a younger group , I"m guessing it will perform well in the field with many finds other more expensive detectors would be expected to find.

Without adjustable GB will probably be a real pain for nugget hunting. Adjustable GB is a must in the high mineralization ground of gold bearing areas.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol..show me where I bashed on the detector besides stating it did poorly in an airtest which is included in a video I found on the internet. Did I not even state that I was anxious to own one until I saw the video? You need to go back and read my first post... In all honesty, you said "it paints a clearer picture of me" but after reading your responses it actually paints a much clearer picture of who/what you are buddy.....
OK, I'll admit that I misinterpreted part of your post. "Bashing" was a poor choice of words on my part.
I'll still reserve judgment, rather than allow my view to be skewed by a meaningless Russian air test video.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be right , however if the 60 can detect a buried gold piece of jewlery, I see no reason why it cannot find a
gold nugget,gold is gold no matter what the form.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be right , however if the 60 can detect a buried gold piece of jewlery, I see no reason why it cannot find a

Any detector will see large gold nuggets but there is a big difference between detecting gold jewelry and small gold nuggets. It is the reason most VLF detectors have very hard time detecting thin gold chains...

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sure it will see a nugget, most any detector will. Put that nugget in some hot ground (full of magnetite, hematite, etc...) and things change entirely. Natural gold lives where iron & other minerals live, that is why adjustable GB is needed to have a decent chance in hot ground.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not even going to try to change a mind that's already made up with no understanding of how the process works.
The simple fact is, that a tester would be far less likely to be chosen again if they whitewash a report allowing Minelab to put a turkey on the market.

I'm sure a detector is tested by Minelab extensively before release, and not sent to reviewers with major issues in it.

And it is naive to think that YouTube is not loaded with paid endorsement videos by amateurs, in the form of free products.

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I'll admit that I misinterpreted part of your post. "Bashing" was a poor choice of words on my part.
I'll still reserve judgment, rather than allow my view to be skewed by a meaningless Russian air test video.

its no problem LH. I understand its not going to be a depth monster or anything but I want at least 6" on a dime. I love the design of it and it would be perfect for a stay in the vehicle or when hiking through the woods looking for new spots type of machine. I am awaiting more videos also...

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what I have seen so far in air testing.... it is as deep or deeper on coins and simple rings than the other entry level brands. Unfortunately I haven't tested it with live targets in the ground yet, but hope to soon. With the auto ground balance, it should theoretically be deeper in the ground too as compared to most entry level machines.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what I have seen so far in air testing.... it is as deep or deeper on coins and simple rings than the other entry level brands. Unfortunately I haven't tested it with live i in the ground yet, but hope to soon. With the auto ground balance, it should theoretically be deeper in the ground too as compared to most entry level machines.

Ok so I am still un-informed, but now even more intrigued! It actually has auto ground balance & not fixed ground balance? Is it a tracking auto GB or auto grab?

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant wait- the only entry level detector that handles the wet sand! Love it. Can forget saving for the SandShark- sorry Ron.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Cant wait- the only entry level detector that handles the wet sand! Love it. Can forget saving for the SandShark- sorry Ron.

Its seems somewhat thought out.... entry level?, maybe on T net, but $3 or 4 hundred dollars is a lot of money, a whole lot of money....
A really awesome blue tooth equipped 60 amp touch screen car stereo with a myriad of additional built in miracle technology is available for $175 all day long.......

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its seems somewhat thought out.... entry level?, maybe on T net, but $3 or 4 hundred dollars is a lot of money, a whole lot of money....
A really awesome blue tooth equipped 60 amp touch screen car stereo with a myriad of additional built in miracle technology is available for $175 all day long.......

Yes, but they sell millions of car stereos compared to metal detectors. If every car needed a metal detector, I am sure the price would drop accordingly, lol.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, but they sell millions of car stereos compared to metal detectors. If every car needed a metal detector, I am sure the price would drop accordingly, lol.
I know, I've heard it, They definitely don't sell millions of every model of car stereo, but I acknowledge your point.
Its a step in the right direction, At least its portable without having to be taken apart. I am not complaining.
My screen saver features the 4 cubic feet of ancient silver that the Romanian gentleman recently reported finding with an Ace 350.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I've heard it, They definitely don't sell millions of every model of car stereo, but I acknowledge your point.
Its a step in the right direction, At least its portable without having to be taken apart. I am not complaining.
My screen saver features the 4 cubic feet of ancient silver that the Romanian gentleman recently reported finding with an Ace 350.

Haha! When they start mass producing detectors in China & Taiwan, I'm sure the price will drop. As far as the $199 Go-Find 20 version, I would consider that an entry level price. If someone is willing to spend $150, for a detector at Big 5, why not put out $50 more for a Minelab? I Mean it is a Minelab, right? If you haven't figured it out, I like Minelab, lol.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I am still un-informed, but now even more intrigued! It actually has auto ground balance & not fixed ground balance? Is it a tracking auto GB or auto grab?

Yes, you read that right AUTO ground balance, not fixed! Nothing else has that in this price range. :)

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you read that right AUTO ground balance, not fixed! Nothing else has that in this price range. :)

That is impressive! This is getting even more appealing to me now. Thanks for the clarification.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil and the control box each have a micro processor, when the detector is turned on they each connect to each other for the purpose of transmitting imformation. They are like 2 computers. When the detector locates a target the coil processor sends the imfo to the control box processor,then the operator scrolls through the various icons trying to id the most probable target. Not bad for a $300/dollar detector.More expensive tech is being trickled down do to more sophisticated tech replacing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread