Minelabs new GO FIND 20,40 and 60 Metal Detectors

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw one of Minelabs new enterer level metal detectors called the GO FIND 20, 40, and 60...they look ever interesting, they all fold up into a vary small unit, 2.3 pounds, auto ground bal. A true turn on and go machine, take it out of the box , unfold it turn it on and go detecting, Minelab Marketing was on the facebook page Detect America last night showing it off and talking about what it can do, was made to compete with all the other enterer level detectors on the market, but has a lot of features of a high end machine, the touch pad is just that, like a computer screen, just touch it, no pushing, vary vary simple machine. from what they said the GO FIND 20 starts at $179 up to the 60 at $309.. the coils are water proof the machines are not, they will handle wet and dry sand any where you want to take them, I think they have an app that will hook up to your cell phone to take pictures and send them or post them to face book or forums, I think that's what he said, something like that, a new concentric coil design that is square...vary interesting looking machine......Its being called a game changer....guess we will have to see about that...

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the way it folds up it would be good to take with me in the work truck… It only has that one coil though ..

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to handle a dealer demo of the GO. Nice and light, very compact when folded up. Extended it was easy to swing. The screen was quite bright and easy to read. I'm 5'9 and was able to adjust the length so it was comfortable. Another club member who was 6'3 was able to go the same. We didn't get to swing over dirt but it picked up coins on the floor accurately. A nice travel package... And for $300 or less., a great price.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I got to handle a dealer demo of the GO. Nice and light, very compact when folded up. Extended it was easy to swing. The screen was quite bright and easy to read. I'm 5'9 and was able to adjust the length so it was comfortable. Another club member who was 6'3 was able to go the same. We didn't get to swing over dirt but it picked up coins on the floor accurately. A nice travel package... And for $300 or less., a great price.
Do you know if it has extra coils that fit it .. But still being so compact it will ride nice in the semi truck with me this summer..If they are on sale by then..

Last edited:

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I saw was the demo. Coil didn't look interchangeable. But in not sure. It does have built in Bluetooth for headphones.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy...from what I heard from there marketing manager....its just the one coil that they come with stock on the 40 and 60 its a 10" coil, the 20 has an 8" coil...but said there are other coils for it in the works, down the road........................I think there talking about a release date in mid April.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy...from what I heard from there marketing manager....its just the one coil that they come with stock on the 40 and 60 its a 10" coil, the 20 has an 8" coil...but said there are other coils for it in the works, down the road........................I think there talking about a release date in mid April.
Then i could have one riding with me this summer..

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of info is provided on the screen? Do you get vdi numbers? Is it multi tone? Might be the perfect upgrade for my son.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I saw was the demo. Coil didn't look interchangeable. But in not sure. It does have built in Bluetooth for headphones.

Bluetooth also allows connection with smartphones' Minelab apps....should be exciting.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There definitely are exciting days ahead for Minelab fans! :)

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
sdc2300-animation.gif

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have to guess that now Garrett will be making something like the Go Find 20 40 60 ..

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did't see in the spec's, is this a BBS like the Sov. or a VLF machine?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In the tape they said it was single frequency so like Longhair said it would be like the V-Flex ….

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read the coil is hard wired so it is definitely more entry level. That was definitely a vacuum in ML's lineup. Good move.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions