Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking for more definition to help determine desireable targets, better depth (stock coil vs stock coil), and are hunting on land.... get the Etrac. Its a known coin finder.

However if you are primarily in the water, and/or are fine with the level of target definition you could keep the AT Pro. Also if the ground is super duper hot a single frequency detector works a bit better.

In the end its really going to depend on what you are using it for, and where. The Etrac is a much more capable machine, but there are LOTS of good things found every day with the AT Pro. Its no slouch, especially for the money.

Hope that helps.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are looking for more definition to help determine desireable targets, better depth (stock coil vs stock coil), and are hunting on land.... get the Etrac. Its a known coin finder.

However if you are primarily in the water, and/or are fine with the level of target definition you could keep the AT Pro. Also if the ground is super duper hot a single frequency detector works a bit better.

In the end its really going to depend on what you are using it for, and where. The Etrac is a much more capable machine, but there are LOTS of good things found every day with the AT Pro. Its no slouch, especially for the money.

Hope that helps.

Keith, summed it up in a nutshell really.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an AT Pro and want to upgrade to an E Trac for the money is it worth it , what do you guys think >

If you are a tot-lot hunter, it's not worth it.
If you are a clad hunter, it's not worth it.
If you are a water hunter, it's not worth it.

However, if you want to dig old, deep, copper and silver coins, it's worth every penny!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my ATpro and have done well with it. But for the avid old coin hunter, the Etrac is the machine. The relic hunter will find better choices than the etrac. The atpro is a true all-purpose machine that does well in most any situation.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran my AT Pros for 2 years and finally upgraded to the E Trac the end of last season and could not be happier. I love my AT Pro but this E Trac is a deep silver magnet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions